Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Significant Database Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Site Founder

The GreenHybrid Real Hybrid Mileage Database has undergone significant development today due to popular request.

Units conversions are now fully integrated including distance (mi, km), mileage (MPG:US, MPG:Imperial, L/100km), and fuel (gal:US, gal:Imperial, L). Economy figures may either be inputted straight from the vehicle or automatically calculated based on distance and fuel volume figures.

For all vehicles achieving >40 MPG, the appropriate "I Get XX Miles Per Gallon. You?" t-shirt appears on the respective detailed data page.

Soon I hope to make a few other small additions, but I believe this is a leap in the right direction. If you find any problems in the database (including miscalculations), please let me know. :lol:

Old 08-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I added my grand caravan to the non-hyrid section last week.
I just did something funny.
I went to add an entry for my HCH but forgot to select the correct vehicle.
Vewing the results, for a moment I was a little puzzled why my HCH tank wasn't added.

Then I remembered my other vehicle, and sure enough, my Grand Caravan was among the top of the pack at ~49MPG :lol: :lol:

One quick fix and my Grand Caravan was "Knocked back down to size"

Old 08-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Site Founder

More updates:
  • Add Data, Edit Data, Delete Data, & Edit Car pages return to car's detailed information page upon successful update.
  • "Last Update" headline links to last updated car's owner profile & car detailed information page

Old 08-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Site Founder

And another two:
  • Insights/Civics display transmission type on data tables
  • "Delete Data" no longer takes forever to load in database... coding optimized

Old 08-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Site Founder

Oh, you all are going to love this one!
  • EPA mileage barriers now on vehicle data tables

Old 08-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Contributor ($)

Those are some excellent additions, Jason.
I really like the visual impact of the mileage barriers.

Old 08-19-2004, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by Jason@Aug 19th 2004 @ 11:00 AM
Oh, you all are going to love this one!
  • EPA mileage barriers now on vehicle data tables
Jason,
I'm assuming that this is only for those lucky enough to be driving a hybrid?
Cheers,
Steven

Old 08-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Site Founder

Yes, of course.

Old 08-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Site Founder

Another useful addition:

The main page now shows both the mean average of models on a bar graph but also shows the spread of mileages with a boxplot. Great to see the percentiles!

Old 08-22-2004, 04:46 PM

Hi Jason:

___Again, great job on the additional detail and features. The stat blocks are a bit confusing as most don’t think to this detail and with little to basically no resolution given the graph heights. They appear to overrun and muddy what you are trying to present imho.

___The “Real Hybrid Mileage Database” feature of your site is the big one that keeps me coming back and watching the members grow day over day as they add there own tank over tank data is excellent. 1,000 members is actually is not that far away.

___And a suggestion … I just added my first tank for the Corolla with the new “add tank data” form and detail. The “miles driven” still has no significant digit beyond the ones column yet the gallons filled can go out at least 3. That is what the local BP provides me with anyway. Is there anything you can do to add this? If so, I can redo every tank of the Insight, Corolla, and MDX so its Excel spreadsheet accurate instead of these slight but quite noticeable estimates from actual as I view them in the database.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Quick Reply: Significant Database Updates

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands