Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Significant Database Updates

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Site Founder

In the database, distance is stored to the nearest unit and mileage is stored to the nearest tenth. I could output calculations to the nearest thousanth, but they cannot be accurate.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Jason:

___I don’t care that the output is to the thousandths but the input has to be at least tenths or the output is just a very close estimate. Look at the Corolla’s last tank. Since I always include actual distances driven/gallons filled = actual mpg in the notes, you can see the differences between calculated and actual just because that one little .4 miles driven is missing.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 08-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Site Founder

I'll see what I can do when I have some more development time

Old 08-22-2004, 08:08 PM

Hi Jason:

___Thanks.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 09-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Site Founder

There is now a min/max representation on the mileage graph. I'll create a full boxplot when I can (min,q1,med,q3,max) but the calculations to find q1 and q3 will take a little bit of thinking

Old 09-11-2004, 07:56 PM

Hi Jason:

___I just had a look over the database numbers and it appears that the average temperature is now fubar? IIRC, you had a mileage weighted temperature (as you should have) but now, something altogether different is appearing. In other words, the temperature shown is not a straight average or mileage weighted but something completely different?

___For my own mileage weighted temperature, I use the following in excel …

T(mileage weighted)=[(Miles Traveled Tank(n)*Average Temperature of Tank(n))+(Miles Traveled Tank(n + 1)*Average Temperature Tank(n+1))]/(Miles Traveled Tank(n) + Miles Traveled Tank(n + 1)) with a drag down continuing the sequence with future n = (n+1)

___For the straight average (non-temperature weighted), I just use T(non-weighted)=Sum(Average Tank Temperature(s))/total number of tanks … The weighted average makes more sense to me given you will usually drive further in warmer weather then colder (A/C use not-withstanding).

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 09-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Site Founder

Yeah, I commented on that in a post yesterday. Have to look into how it happened.

Old 09-11-2004, 08:03 PM

Hi Jason:

___Sorry I missed the temperature related issue description from yesterday?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 09-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Site Founder

Hmm yeah, you're right. Different issue.

So you're saying now that the LMPG is right, all the other variables are wrong? I know the highway and traffic ones are wrong. Now, you say, temp is wrong? Hmmm... is it possible that the way I had it before worked for everything except mileage? Though, that doesn't make sense...

I'm using the same equation for every variable! Why does it work for some and not others?

Side note: fixed the graphs.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Site Founder

An upgraded professional license has been purchased for the graphing software in the database at a cost of over $100. Let's keep that section in good use, eh?

Quick Reply: Significant Database Updates

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands