Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Update to Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

Old 01-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Enthusiast
Question Update to Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

Could we have a update to the signature to include the total mileage driven. This would be helpful.

Old 01-07-2006, 06:52 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: Update to Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

This has merit because it gives an idea of how much experience the poster has with that vehicle but fitting it in would be a challenge.

If the signature image were also a link to the vehicle's database entry, one click on the signature could bring up the detailed record. This might break other uses of the signature (other newsgroups or e-mail references) but it would provide all additional information.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Site Founder
Default Re: Update to Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

This was mentioned long ago when I first made it but I never got around to adding distance as well. I think I'd probably have to expand the image wider to fit more information, which I'll try the next time I make a batch of updates on the site.

As far as the linking, that's not something I can control. The images can be linked in signatures or on webpages but it's up to the user to implement it. For instructions on linking, see this thread: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...mic+signatures