Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

What the heck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default What the heck?

I am pretty upset right now, why would you delete my link to a web site I had found I thought others here might be interested in? It is not like I have one or two postings, I think my posting history shows I am a active participant in this site.

To delete my post is an insult and offensive you are saying what I have to say has no value.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: What the heck?

Hi Bob,

The problem is a single link to another site without describing what content of that site that relates to GreenHybrid. We call those "click-through" links. Yet we have no problem with a proper quote and URL (See Journalism guidelines.) The text "Found this, interesting reading" does not provide any content summary of the web site or relevance to what we cover at GreenHybrid.

I have no problem with restoring the posting if you have no problem with adding the "short excerpt". This provides context, a reason why this site has content of merit. But I would instead suggest try again only this time with a synopsis of the subject matter you found "interesting" addressed by that web site and there will be no problem.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 07-22-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

O.K. this is my first post since Bob insulted me, but, my question is why is this post https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...l-sites-19707/ by a person selling his or his friends book o.k. (after all, it is his FIRST post) when my post #150++was not acceptable? though it pertained to electric cars being tested & I had no personal gain for it?

I will continue to read posts, I will continue to use the data base but I feel that Bob clearly feels what I have to say is just not important so, I will say nothing.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Site Founder

The link in the above post was not acceptable. We addressed it but mistakenly forgot to ban the (spammer) user. I'll correct that now.

In the future, please use the report or PM features. Thread closed.