Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Where are all the OTHER hybrid makes/models?

Old 08-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Where are all the OTHER hybrid makes/models?

The forums are starting to look a little yellowed around the edges. The FEH/Mariner Forum with the tagline "The American hybrids" even though we now have (like it or not) Chevy Malibus, Cadillac Escalades and (back to foreign makes) even a $109k base price Lexus sedan -- none of which are represented on GreenHybrid in either the MPG database or in make/model specific forums.

C'mon gang, time to update. I realize most of us have the hybrid we want or have our eye on the more fuel efficient models, but there are many options available to consumers now and this site should represent all hybrids, no? Or is it time to rename it to "Greenest Hybrid"? (Sarcasm...I'm a loyal GH user and frequently send folks from Twitter.com over here if they tweet, "Just fueled up. Man, gotta get a hybrid."

Here's a starting point for what's on the market or coming --
http://www.hybridcenter.org/hybrid-timeline.html

Old 08-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Where are all the OTHER hybrid makes/models?

You're right, time to do some updating. I'll get to it. If you don't see any changes in the next couple days, shoot me an email at jason@…but you likely will.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Site Founder

The categories have been updated across the site

Old 08-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Engineering first

This helps a lot! In the past, I've held off on going into forums of other hybrids in part because I didn't want to start posting about a technology I'm not really grounded in. But this organization makes it a lot easier to track all of the Toyota and give coverage to the GM forums. This will work.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Old 08-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I like the newer, cleaner organization. But we lost a couple forums in the process. General manufacturer stuff.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Site Founder

Yes, but there are also company forums now. So you can make general comments about Toyota Motor, for instance. Or you can just use the general forum

Old 08-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick work of things, Jason. Much improved. I retract my statement about the forums looking a little yellowed around the edges. The pages are once again newly bound book fresh. Pardon me while I leaf through the pages a bit and inhale that new book smell.