2007 highlander hybrid new design comming out

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 highlander hybrid new design comming out

Yes here is some more information...

For 2007 Toyota will be introducing not only a new trim, but a new drive train due out in March.

The new system will be based on the drive currently used in the Camry and will generate a little over 190 HP. The curent inside expectation on fuel economy are about 38 MPG in town and 32 MPG on the highway.
In addition, I heard that to address the concerns of those who feel burned by this immediate upgrade, Toyota is considering offering a rebate package to all of the individuals who purchased the 2006 and got hosed by the marketing hype.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Since it is based on the Avalon platform size, the new 2008 Highlander should be about the same width as the current Highlander but quite a bit longer (almost a foot) which should provide more room for the third row seating or luggage space. The 4 cylinder engine/ drive train probably won't have nearly the towing capacity or effortless acceleration for those who valued this capability in the current Highlander. However, it should be a very economical and otherwise capable people mover. The fuel efficient 4 cylinder engine is likely to be aided by a more aero crossover style and some weight shedding.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:35 PM
joe540ci
Default Re: 2008 highlander hybrid new design comming out

this is all sounding good !!! where are you getting this info from....Joe

Last edited by JOE540CI; 11-02-2006 at 01:43 AM. Reason: 2008 was the year intended
Old 11-02-2006, 01:47 AM
joe540ci
Default Re: 2008 highlander hybrid new design comming out

All posts were ment for the 2008 highlander.Still looking for news and pictures for the 2008..

Old 11-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, I just hope they don't emasculate the 2008 model by making it look like a cross between my grandma's min-van and my great grandma's station wagon, like I've seen in those purported concept vehicle images... gees, where's the fun in that? I guess I'm not a fan of this "look-n-feel" trend towards "metrosexual"-SUVs...

Interesting claim about switching to a 4-cylinder design. I just hope they can maintain 200+ HP and 30+ mpg... I know, greedy bastard, but isn't that what the HiHy is all about? Having your cake and eating it too?

I would be surprised if they simply abandoned the 6-cylinder HiHy models, but instead just offered a 4-cylinder version with much better FE and moderately better power compared to its non-hybrid 4-cylinder version...

I guess the ultimate have your cake and eat it too would be a button that allowed me to switch between 6 active cylinders versus 4 active cylinders. Then if I'm in fuel sippin' mode (namely, the weekdays) I can really kick butt on the FE, and then when I'm in kickin' butt mode (namely, the weekends), then I can kick butt on the power...

Old 11-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Automania Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hsolo142
Well, I just hope they don't emasculate the 2008 model by making it look like a cross between my grandma's min-van and my great grandma's station wagon, like I've seen in those purported concept vehicle images... gees, where's the fun in that? I guess I'm not a fan of this "look-n-feel" trend towards "metrosexual"-SUVs...

Interesting claim about switching to a 4-cylinder design. I just hope they can maintain 200+ HP and 30+ mpg... I know, greedy bastard, but isn't that what the HiHy is all about? Having your cake and eating it too?

I would be surprised if they simply abandoned the 6-cylinder HiHy models, but instead just offered a 4-cylinder version with much better FE and moderately better power compared to its non-hybrid 4-cylinder version......
I agree on screwing up the design, I too am not a fan of the possible designs that I've seen so far. However that said Toyota usually plays the design changes close to vest, so until it's real close to a reality we won't know.

The 4Cyl goes into what others have said that Toyota was going for fuel effeciency Vs power and Lexus would be for power/performance.... It's another way to push/justify the Lexus and 10K price difference over the Highlander. I also hope that is not true as my closest Lexus dealer is almost 2 hours away.

As long as we're wishing for things, I really hope that they add projector/HID's as standard equipment or as an option. I really miss them the most on my HH.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:51 AM
joe540ci

Maybe a oversized sicon-B would be a nice desing for the 2008 highlander.....NOT

Old 11-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm thinking Ford Freestyle in RAV4 clothing. It makes sense to increase the cargo room for a seven seater with the Family vehicle point of view. Here's a recent article I read with some reliable yet unconfirmed details.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0...-21822,00.html

Old 11-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: 2007 highlander hybrid new design comming out

Here's another picture and url for a possible sneak peek at the new 2008 Highlander...(for those who haven't seen it already)...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...eId=100531781#

Take a look...

rick

Last edited by maverickster; 11-07-2006 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:54 PM
joe540ci

Phoenix Motorcars introduced a zero emission, all-electric sport utility truck, which is powered by a revolutionary Altairnano NanoSafe(TM) battery pack (NASDAQ: ALTI - News), and the truck targets the fleet vehicle owner market. The Phoenix Motorcars sport utility truck exceeds all specifications for a Type III ZEV, having a driving range of 130 miles, it can be recharged in less than 10 minutes and the battery pack has a life of 12 years or more. Surprisingly, the cost to recharge the battery pack is less than $3.00Phoenix Motorcars Takes SEMA Show by Storm: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance!!This new battery sounds amazing!!

Quick Reply: 2007 highlander hybrid new design comming out

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands