CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning !!

Old thread, but check for OBD codes and have the 12V battery AVR load tested by Toyota.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mnsweeps
This morning I turned on ignition and lo behold I get the CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning on the dash display. I had some work at DMV and drove 4 miles with the warning. I did the DMV work in 20 mins and came back and turned on ignition and saw the warning sign again !! I directly took it to Toyota of North Hollywood ..The service person came out and turned on engine and THERE IS NO WARNING ANYMORE !! We tried a couple of times and it never happened. I drove it to work and i did not get the warning....wth is that !!
The other issue I have is CD changer is jammed. The dealer said he will order a new changer and get old one replaced...
Anyone suspect cold temperature? It was cold this morning in LA. The battery display said it was almost full..anyone ?
the car has only 9300 miles on it.
Did you ever get an answer? I suspect cold weather too but dealer thinks I'm cookoo.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mnsweeps
This morning I turned on ignition and lo behold I get the CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM warning on the dash display. I had some work at DMV and drove 4 miles with the warning. I did the DMV work in 20 mins and came back and turned on ignition and saw the warning sign again !! I directly took it to Toyota of North Hollywood ..The service person came out and turned on engine and THERE IS NO WARNING ANYMORE !! We tried a couple of times and it never happened. I drove it to work and i did not get the warning....wth is that !!
The other issue I have is CD changer is jammed. The dealer said he will order a new changer and get old one replaced...
Anyone suspect cold temperature? It was cold this morning in LA. The battery display said it was almost full..anyone ?
the car has only 9300 miles on it.
I have the same problem, the most interesting is that the light bulb never goes out ! Was on the local service, the problem can not be found ! Bought in a used condition here <!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->https://jiji.ng/cars/toyota-highlander . If you solve the problem, let me know .

Old 01-16-2018, 09:59 PM
Enthusiast

could also be that the inverter is failing....

Old 09-12-2022, 10:31 AM
Enthusiast

Wow! So this is an old problem involving hybrids. Many of them were shipped to Africa in that state.
I thought it was just a peculiar problem. Same issue found in hybrid cars bought online https://www.2dotsmarket.com/vehicles...ighlander-2012 just like this one