Dealer installing Navigation system on HiHy Non Limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Dealer installing Navigation system on HiHy Non Limited

All,
I am just about to make the switch from a FEH to a HiHy but don't want all of the options (and expense!) on the Limited. The one thing i do want though is the navigation system with the energy display.

The dealer says they can install the Navigation system but the don't think the energy display will work is this true? I would so miss having it as my FEH does.

Or do they need to plug in a cable or set some system options etc?

Thanks
Dave

Old 04-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dealer installing Navigation system on HiHy Non Limited

Dave,

As far as I understand the Energy Monitor is part of the Navigation System. I've attached a few photos (a bit blurry) to help illustrate this. There is an Info button that you click that brings up Information Menu screen. If you select Trip Info, then you get the Energy Monitor schematic of the vehicle with the ICE and two electric motors. If you then select "Consumption" you get a time history of your FE every 5 minutes of your current ride. Hope this helps.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
HiHy_EM.zip (117.4 KB, 29 views)
Old 04-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast

Han,

Thanks for the reply and pictures! just so that i can make sure the dealer does this right is your Highlander the Limited model or Non Limited (standard)?

I know that the Navigation system in the Limited has the Energy display you show, but i would like to know if anyone has Nav in a Standard Model and if they have the energy display?

There seems to be maybe 2 different Nav systems maybe one made for the regular highlander? I need to make sure if the Nav system made for the Limited does work in the Standard hiHy and then make sure they fit that one to my new one if it does work.

Thanks again.

Dave

Old 04-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Dave,

I have a HiHy Limited. As far as the Toyota website indicates, the Navigation System is an option that is only available for the HiHy Limited. I remember the main differences between the Limited and non-Limited (base package) are the leather seats and the butt-warmers. I'm surprised that Toyota would provide different options and with that different features with the Navigation System for the HiHy's that they sell in Canada.

Do you have to pre-order the HiHy? Or can you test drive the vehicle? If you can test drive the vehicle, hopefully with the pics I attached in the previous post you should be able to quickly determine whether or not the nav system has the Energy Monitor feature...