Rosen head unit install on 2009 Highlander Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rosen head unit install on 2009 Highlander Hybrid

Originally Posted by doctorman
thanks
took your advice.

with so many Android units on ebay and aliexpress someone gotta have one insalled.

Any update on what route you finally went for your NAV unit?

Old 04-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Enthusiast

I am in the process of purchasing a pure android unit form aliexpress..

upgraded the screen resolution to 1024 x600
1Ghz cpu
1gb ram
16gb nand flash memory
BT 2.0+ compatible with OBD 2
android 4.4
radio dvd etc

should come up to 360$ with shipping
I am planning to connect my OEM reverse camera to it by tapping into the MDF screen feed and feedin it as RCA to my nav unit 8"screen

Old 04-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Enthusiast

I just got my android Head unit looks very good

Issues:

1) my 2008 Highlander Head unit has 2 Radio antennas, a bigger one and a smaller one but I can only use the bigger antenna in the android Head unit and the small is not used. I do notice that my Radio reception is suffering. now I am wondering if there is a way to integrate both antennas or is it perhaps because I am missing out on a connection perhaps a antenna amp or power connection.. can some one please help me out with that.

2) Thanks to a post here (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/12...ml#post9198793) for the Backup camera tap from MFD hack. I got a male RCA cable I am connecting the positive to the center connection and negative to the connection around it according to your diagram.. hoping it goes smoothly

3) I have to use an external microphone and I have to figure out a good place to place it

4) I have to figure out a place rout out the USB connection to the device and the ipod cable from the back of the unit into the cabin.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doctorman
I just got my android Head unit looks very good

Issues:

1) my 2008 Highlander Head unit has 2 Radio antennas, a bigger one and a smaller one but I can only use the bigger antenna in the android Head unit and the small is not used. I do notice that my Radio reception is suffering. now I am wondering if there is a way to integrate both antennas or is it perhaps because I am missing out on a connection perhaps a antenna amp or power connection.. can some one please help me out with that.

2) Thanks to a post here (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/12...ml#post9198793) for the Backup camera tap from MFD hack. I got a male RCA cable I am connecting the positive to the center connection and negative to the connection around it according to your diagram.. hoping it goes smoothly

3) I have to use an external microphone and I have to figure out a good place to place it

4) I have to figure out a place rout out the USB connection to the device and the ipod cable from the back of the unit into the cabin.

Just curious how you are liking the new Android head you bought?

Good thread you had here as well, great info.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/12...s-answers.html