Satellite install in 08 HyHi

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Satellite install in 08 HiHy

I am picking up my new Highlander on Saturday and was wondering if anyone can give me information on my install options for adding Satellite radio other than paying the dealer and HUGE amount of money? My stereo is a satellite ready model with the antenna and prewire installed.

Last edited by flynifr; 04-09-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Satellite install in 08 HyHi

I ended up taking the plunge and getting the Toyota installed radio. They were able to get the Sirius radio and the install package with the glass-mount antenna instead of the dash mount. The antenna is mounted high on the windshield behind the rearview mirror. The radio works great and the price was $299 installed. My only complaint is the display on the non-nav radio. It only displays data one line at a time and you must press the TEXT button on the radio to change lines. It also will only show 10 characters and does not scroll the text.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:40 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Re: Satellite install in 08 HyHi

Originally Posted by flynifr
I ended up taking the plunge and getting the Toyota installed radio. They were able to get the Sirius radio and the install package with the glass-mount antenna instead of the dash mount. The antenna is mounted high on the windshield behind the rearview mirror. The radio works great and the price was $299 installed. My only complaint is the display on the non-nav radio. It only displays data one line at a time and you must press the TEXT button on the radio to change lines. It also will only show 10 characters and does not scroll the text.
That was a great price. I had mine installed at the dealer last week (Sirius also) and it was $564 (+ tax) installed. But I had already taken delivery of the HH about 2 months ago and they had to do the install of the wiring and antenna, so the labor was a lot more on mine.

Last edited by Bob259; 05-04-2009 at 03:42 AM.