Speed Sensor Failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Speed Sensor Failure

Go warranty! As I was driving along today (25,100 miles in 13 months), my warning light came on, my tire lights came on, my giant triangular hazard light came on, and my LCD displayed, "Check VSC, Check ABS, Check AWD" messages. I went to my dealer, had it checked out and found out that I had a driver side front speed sensor failure. Now, my speed sensors are also hooked up w/ my after-market navigation system (which was sort of hotwired to display some features that it shouldn't while the vehicle is in motion), and I have had this problem before. But w/ a little rewiring, we were back on the road. This time, the computer showed this as a faulty speed sensor all together. The take home message out of all this, is that it was under warranty, parts needed to be ordered, but for those with navigation systems to be wary of who and what is being worked on in your car.