Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

New Hybrid Forum -- Nissan coming

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Engineering first
Wink New Hybrid Forum -- Nissan coming

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...04/024032.html

Originally Posted by TheAutoChannel
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 4, 2006) – The all-new 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid, Nissan’s first entry into the hybrid gasoline/electric vehicle segment, makes its North American debut at the 2007 Model Orange County Auto Show in Anaheim, California, October 4 – 8, 2006. The new Altima Hybrid offers all the style, convenience, comfort, quality feel and performance technology features and highlights of the next-generation 2007 Altima – while offering the added benefits of enhanced fuel economy and reduced emissions.

The Altima Hybrid’s powertrain mates the 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and electronic Continuously Variable Transmission (eCVT) with an electric motor and generator that increases fuel economy while maintaining low tailpipe emissions. The Altima Hybrid’s hybrid system is rated at a net power of 198 horsepower (148 kW), with fuel economy estimated at 41 mpg City/36 mpg Highway. . . .
Looks like we'll be adding another forum, soon.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Hybrid Forum -- Nissan coming

I live many hours away from any of the states where the Nissan Altima Hybrid will at some point become available. That doesn't stop me from wishing to have their brochure for my research into my eventual hybrid purchase. So, I requested their brochure and was astonished to have the automated website tell me the brochures are only available to residents of those specific states. Talk about being made to feel unworthy and unwelcome! I submitted the request anyway, and am hoping for the best, but feel grumpy that Nissan is so exclusive about even their printed materials. So, they are stingy about where they'll release it, and even stingy about a few pieces of paper promoting a product they care enough about to go to the trouble of producing. It did not make me feel very charitable towards the company.