Lexus GS 450h pros and cons?

Old 06-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Lexus GS 450h pros and cons?

Hi,

I'm new to the whole hybrid thing. I'm looking at the Lexus GS 450h to buy within the next couple of months. I'm starting to wonder though, with all the other hybrids out there, if this is one of the better ones.

Any pros or cons that you see would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast
Default Re: Lexus GS 450h pros and cons?

The answer to that will depend on what kind of car you are in the market for to begin with. If you are looking for a GS 450 class of vehicle, then yes, this is the best (well, only) hybrid in that class. If you are looking for a better hybrid (meaning somewhat luxury and better mileage) the Toyota Camary or Honda Accord hybrids would get much better mileage and would cost about half the price of the Lexus. But in that price range, no - the Lexus stands alone.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Lexus GS 450h pros and cons?

Well Ghost, there's only one reason I can see that any rational person would buy a 450h, which is basically a cramped, rather dated design, but with massive horsepower and hybrid torque giving it one of the best acceleration bangs for the buck in the very competitive sports sedan world.

If raw acceleration is your lust and you are in love with the hybrid thing, then you know the answer to your question already: it's not only "one of the better" hybrids - it's the only truly high performance hybrid sports sedan available. It is a Lexus, so it's bound to be way above average quality-wise.

Or, if you want the ultimate performance hybrid, pony up $110,000 or more for the new Lexus 600h, which beats the 450h and just about everything else on the dragstrip, with sumptuous accomodations and ammenities to boot.

Happy hunting, and please tell us why the 450h is first on your list.

Pete