07' Camry Hybrid "check hybrid system", "check vsc system" several codes pulled

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 07:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 07' Camry Hybrid "check hybrid system", "check vsc system" several codes pulled

BTW... there is a right way and a wrong way to replace modules in a pack. The right way SOUNDS like a total pain in the ***, but the reality is it takes way less time and produces much better results. More when you get to that point...

I re-read your original post. You have already cleaned them. Personally, I don't use De-ox and wouldn't recommend it.

nut torque is exactly 48 in-lb. Do not over or under tighten by any significant amount. You either get increased resistance due to insufficient torque, or you risk snapping a terminal thread off.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 07' Camry Hybrid "check hybrid system", "check vsc system" several codes pulled

I've got the check hybrid light on my Wife's '07 Camry Hybrid and wonder where you got the detailed report pulled? AutoZone or did you have to use the dealership?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:27 AM

Those are generated by the dealer software. Auto zone will just give you the base codes as shown early in the thread.

Auto zone codes are generally enough to diagnose most common failures like the HV battery

Old 08-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Enthusiast

I bet the dealer charges an arm and a leg to do it too, right?

Old 08-23-2016, 06:34 PM

Different dealers charge different amounts. I've seen accounts of $65-200. Autozone is free.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Enthusiast

I just wonder how difficult it is for a shade tree mechanic with limited knowledge beyond doing valve adjustments, cap and rotor/spark plug tune ups, brake jobs and stereo installations/fog light installations and so on to do the removal and testing of the cells in the traction battery. I've seen some videos on YouTube showing some guys doing it but wonder if it's beyond my capabilities or if I should just buy a new one from one of the vendors on the site and try to install that myself? Any thoughts or experiences?

Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 PM

Doing it right requires time (10-14 days) and expense. I've evaluated two Camry packs here in AZ, and they were complete and total junk. One was a 2012 with 124K miles, and it was horrible. The Camrys are very hard on their batteries. They are not a good reconditioning candidate.

Same goes for your Lexus. I've done one of them in AZ. Atrocious. Pack was >50% junk, and it got the overheat code somewhat common in the Lexus (P0A7F?).

I will no longer service anything but Gen2 Prius. I recommend you stick Dorman or Greentec with your likely junk core.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast

There's a guy who does a servicing of the batteries about 120 miles from me (tow job to get to him) doing reconditioning of the batteries but mine may be toast...

Old 08-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast

Which battery replacement have you had the best luck with? What do you think an installation would be if I buy the new one? Thanks for the help too!

Old 08-24-2016, 08:22 PM

It may vary from region to region. Hopefully, he knows enough of what he's doing to know what results to expect. I collaborate with others in warm and cool regions, and all non-Gen2 Prius batteries show poor results by comparison. AZ is definitely the worst.

The only service I offer is brand new Toyota. My cost (20% off list) + tax + install runs about $3300, which is $1200 or so less that what most dealers charge.

Quick Reply: 07' Camry Hybrid "check hybrid system", "check vsc system" several codes pulled

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands