07 Hybrid MAJOR issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default 07 Hybrid MAJOR issues

Hey so last night i got into my car (07 Toyota Hybrid) and found the Check brake light, check engine light, VSC system, and check hybrid system warnings all on suddenly. Drove the car about a mile home and got a scanner to check codes today. I'm very much hoping it isn't both the system to charge the battery AND the battery that have both gone out. Can anyone help me here? Here are the codes i got:
C1259 - Hybrid Vehicle Control System REgenerative Malfunction
C1310 - Hybrid Vehicle System Malfunction
P0A80 - Replace Hybrid Battery Pack

Any help here? Could it be that i just need to replace my front brakes? They've been squeaky for awhile now? Just hoping for the best. Anything is helpful!

Old 07-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: 07 Hybrid MAJOR issues

Left you a reply on Toyota Nation..... I figured I would copy it here as well...

Find someone with a Tech Stream or a good bi-directional pro scanner. Have them run a test for any DTC's on the hybrid vehicle control ECU. That ECU talks to the ECM, battery ECU, skid control ECU, power steering ECU and pretty much everything else on that car. I have a sneaky suspicion that is what your issue is. I have never heard of one needing to be replaced and have NO idea of the cost. I doubt that multiple things could have gone out at the same time. There are some simple things that could cause that issue including a bad 12 volt battery with low voltage but that is easy to check or something as simple as a loose connector in the wiring harness. I wouldn't have great hopes that is the problem though.....

Good luck with the car and let us know what the tech finds out. It isn't rocket science to check that problem for a good tech that can check the input into the ECU and the output going to the other modules.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Enthusiast

Found out it was the Hybrid battery. That's what the mechanic said at least.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Professor Emeritus

How many miles on the car? It could be a simple as corrosion across the bus bars or maybe one bad cell. If that is the case, it is a simple repair.

Like GH said, you need to find someone with the right software so you can actually look at the battery closely. The software will show the the condition of each individual cell.

Read this!

http://jalopnik.com/the-dealer-wante...t-h-1685721487

Original pics here:

http://imgur.com/gallery/j8Bcp/

Last edited by litespeed; 07-14-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: original pics
Old 07-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

He has around 90 000 miles on his Camry. He ran out of luck for 100 000 miles warranty though because it's 07 model but licensed in August 2006.
I definitely feel he needs to have her scoped by one that knows what he's doing and has the right tools, not just by a dealer = new battery quick fix and money. They don't want to mess with busses cleaning or cell replacements.
He's a grown up man. Forum can only make suggestions, it's his to make decisions.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

If it is the battery, you have a lot of options now to replace it with a rebuilt at a fraction of the factory battery. Dorman is even supplying rebuilt hybrid batteries as well as several other companies. You still need to get the individual cells in your battery checked by after it is removed. I wouldn't replace an individual cell though unless you just need a stopgap for a temp fix on the pack. Once they start going, the other modules will start failing as well.

It could be the buss bars as noted above but it will take a tear down to find out. That is one reason the dealers do not give you an option as they would have to have X-Ray vision to see what is wrong so they just quote and replace the hybrid battery with a new Toyota one.

Last edited by GeorgiaHybrid; 07-14-2015 at 11:52 AM.