100,000+ Miles Reviews--How was your Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 100,000+ Miles Reviews--How was your Experience?

Yes, all 4 struts - seemed like the thing to do and my car does not feel floaty at all. I feel much better about the ride with new struts. I'm glad to hear that there are others out there with over 100K miles. This is the first real post I have made since I bought the car and I will be sure to add any new developments as they occur.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I got it new, now 109k . The car is as boring as it could be: get in, go wherever I need to go, come back, never a problem. Besides regular oil change and new tires I had to replace rear break pads for some reason due to uneven wear. I just hope the car stays that way for another 100k and then some.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Enthusiast

Now 145,000 miles on my 2007 (got new in July 2006), no problems and still gets 38-40 mpg in mainly rural low traffic commutes on 40 psi Michelins. Great reliability, still drives like new with standard oil changes and tire rotation, just changed my high beam bulbs that went out a few weeks apart (got bulb at dealer parts dept and took a minute to swap out). Quiet, with no quirks that have developed over the last five and a half years.

Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
04 prius 350,000km

very positive comments so far! I've considered picking up a used TCH at 60 k miles and they are being sold at a big discount (2/3 off MSRP :O) so I'm wondering wouldn't they hold their resale value a bit better since everyone is commenting how great their cars are?

that's with the premium package too!

Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Enthusiast

That's exactly why I bought mine. They were selling it at CarMax for $14,899 with 65,000 miles and it was worth over $22k at the time. It has every option available for the 2007 model year. I now have 105,000 on it and have had only a few small issues. Brake light switch needed to be replaced, the water pump is leaking (I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet), and the driver's seat needs to be reupholstered. Make sure the water pump is not leaking if you decide to buy this Camry... this is a very common problem. I realized mine was leaking 300 miles after my warranty had expired.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:53 PM
04 prius 350,000km

is the water pump related to the inverter coolant or the engine coolant? what other issues would one look for when checking out used camry hybrids?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast

It's the water pump for the engine coolant. Sorry, I forgot to specify. I'm not aware of anymore common problems that are major. Before you buy the car, get the VIN and go to http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/home and create an account using the VIN. You can then view the entire Toyota service history of the vehicle.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

the other day i went for oil change and tire rotation on my 07 TCH with 24050 miles, the guy working at service dept table came and said you need wheel alignment and drainage something. when is WHEEL ALIGNMENT recommended for 07 TCH? do i have to worry about anything else ? thanks

Old 02-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

they showed you the computer results that the alignment is off by this much and needs to be corrected? otherwise those are just recommended service that you could opt out. Normally when you have issues with suspension (loose or broken) then the required alignment is needed, removal and replacement of suspension parts needs an alignment too. When you have your tires replaced most tire shops will do the wheel alignment check for free and advise you to have one if it's off the chart.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lincolnshibuya
they showed you the computer results that the alignment is off by this much and needs to be corrected? otherwise those are just recommended service that you could opt out. Normally when you have issues with suspension (loose or broken) then the required alignment is needed, removal and replacement of suspension parts needs an alignment too. When you have your tires replaced most tire shops will do the wheel alignment check for free and advise you to have one if it's off the chart.
They would show? I wish, would be nice if we have the right to see in our own eyes when they do these repairs and service. I don't even know where they take the cars for service. They must be doing it outside of the dealer shop or on upper floor somewhere. they just drive and take somewhere where they can do the damage to cars so customers would come again for major repair and service.

My question was when is WHEEL ALIGNMENT recommended for TCH 2007? upon hitting how many mileage?
I dont trust the dealers recommendations cos they would always tell you these horror stories of how junk your car is and needs major repair everytime you go for oil change or for regular maintainence. This time again, when i went for oil change and tire rotation, they recommended WHEEL ALIGNMENT and some DRAINAGE something for $400 extra.

Last edited by jimmy1; 02-05-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 100,000+ Miles Reviews--How was your Experience?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands