12V dieing

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 12V dieing

hi all

hi i read on the forums to replace the OEM panasonic battery with a yellowtop battery, please help chose which battery i need to buy from this website, i have a 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid only done 22k miles and i am having battery problems, car would not start and using scangauge the volts were only 8v.

http://www.optima-batteries.com.au/o...FYkqpAodsEwA4w

thanks all

Old 12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 12V dieing

why don't you start with cleaning battery terminals?
Also, you need to check charging from traction battery. 12V is charged off traction battery, if that is not working, then what's the point in replacement?
And why it's your headache, if car is clearly under warranty?

Old 12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You DID see this post, didn't you?

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-photos-23466/

Old 12-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi, thanks for your replies, however car is just outside warranty, warranty expired in sept 2013.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Read the thread that ukrkoz linked to above. There are several batteries that will work, you just need to figure where you want to change things unless you use the factory battery.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

the yellowtop battery D34 i am looking at is $289, if i go to toyota and get it replaced it will cost around the same amount. So i probably take the toyota route?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

I did but then again, I just replaced mine and it was bought in November of 2007.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

i can't understand why this battery is playing up so early, i keep reading these batteries should last longer than the normal acide type batteries.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 12V dying

I've had problems with the 12v battery dying, and investigated a replacement. I did a little more 'troubleshooting' and noted that my wife, who is the primary driver, only goes on a few short trips a week. I put a standard battery charger on the battery overnight, and didn't have any more problems until the same conditions re-occurred.

I've determined that the car needs to have some occasional long trips to recharge the 12v battery fully, or it will not boot up properly.

If you are only taking short trips, you could be in the same boat as I. Try a battery charger to top off the 12v battery before going through the expense of a new battery. Eliminate the cheap solutions first, the money for the expensive ones can be more useful elsewhere.

Just my experience, yours may be different.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi, i have had the car for over 18 months now and i bought it second had when it had 8600 miles, I have never had any problems with this car and it drives beautifully, in mid November i went overseas for 3 weeks and came back and when i went to start the car the car was completely dead, i borrowed my neigbours battery charger and kept it overnight to charge, this was 2 weeks ago. It has since rang perfectly and started straight away,

Two days ago i went for a longish drive over 60miles and the next day the car was complely dead. Again battery problems.

I must add that i have a gps connected to the car, plus 2 incar cameras one for the front and one for the back connected to the cigarette lighter plus a cigarette lighter extension with 4 ports, i feel these added accessories added to the battery depleting prematurely.

So before my overseas trip everything was fine.

Quick Reply: 12V dieing

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands