2007 Camry Check Hybrid System

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Camry Check Hybrid System

TL;DR

Take it to O'Reilly. Have them check your codes and LOAD test the 12V.

-----

The vast majority of OBDII readers can read P0A80 if it's a battery failure. Most cheap ELM327 bluetooth/wifi readers will as well.

Take it to O'Reilly. Their Bosch readers will pick up several codes that others won't, and they'll do it for free. Make sure you get the CODES. Don't just accept their description or conclusion.

If you left the car in accessory mode, yes, you can kill the 12V. if you left it in READY mode and the engine would run periodically, then no, you couldn't have flattened the 12V.

If it's your original 12V, then yes, there's a good chance it's bad; however, you tend to get MANY other issues with a bad 12V as the low voltage affects multiple other computes as well. Being that it's located in the trunk behind a single panel, it's pretty easy to access. You can also have O'Reilly load test it for you.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:50 AM

That is a very good suggestion. ^^^^^^
Failed 12V, as it's supplying back up power to all kinds of computers and electronics, is known to throw various codes. Almost looks like it's made that way on purpose, to spook owner into rush response.
I only want to add one thing. If you were to take that battery to a parts store, make sure they have deep cycle battery tester. DC battery testing protocol is different from regular battery and their testers look pretty old to me.
But truly, for the year - 12V is very likely on its last leg.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:15 AM
Enthusiast

Hello everyone..
I have a 07 camry hybrid with 127k miles on it. Recently it is having some problems specially in hot weather days. I took it to check for any codes since it says check hybrid system and the car wont run on HV but gas only with hasitations when reving up. The codes i got are P0A84, P2138 and P3018. After clearing the codes the car runs smoothly but for a few hours and then the check hybrid system pops up. Sometimes it would just shut off the engine in the middle of road.
I would be really glad to recieve some help on how to fix these.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:14 PM

No need to multi-post.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:21 AM

I can't answer your question directly. I really don't know. I've never seen a weak block code in a Camry - only P0A80 with no voltages with obviously failed cells.

Gen1 Prius starts the count from the ECU end, and the Gen2/3 Prius starts the count at the opposite end.

Did you measure the voltages of all the modules prior to replacement? This is mandatory

Are you aware that blocks represent pairs of modules? Block 13 is the 25th and 26th modules from one end.