2007 Camry Hybrid Brake Fluid Flushing Bleeding

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 09:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2007 Camry Hybrid Brake Fluid Flushing Bleeding

I successfully flushed & bled my brake fluid yesterday using the Techstream software, which can be found for download on the Internet, and this connector from Amazon:
Amazon.com : Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software : Toyota Mongoose Cable : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software : Toyota Mongoose Cable : Car Electronics

The procedure was easy and straightforward if you have bled conventional brakes previously. In the Techstream software, you go into the ABS Utility and run the brake bleeding procedure and it tells you exactly what to do step by step. I was surprised how easy it was.

A few comments:
-My 2007 had never had the brake fluid flushed so I was expecting it to look terrible(dark). I was amazed that it actually looked pretty good. It was honey colored but after 8 years you would expect much worse--amazing and, no doubt, a result of the regenerative brakes keeping the brakes & fluid cool. In my other non-hybrid cars, which I flush every two or three years, the fluid looks much worse than what I took out of the Camry hybrid. Still, with the high cost of the hybrid brake components, it is financially dangerous to neglect changing the brake fluid on these cars.
-It took me exactly one quart to fully flush and I did not have any extra left.
-As with all vehicles, you will need an assistant to push the brake pedal when indicated.

bonus of the "dongle" & techstream software: I also changed some of the settings with the software for door unlock/lock, added a new key(bought on ebay for $80 since my wife lost hers.), changed the inverter coolant (you have to run the coolant pump with the techstream software to bleed the air out).

Old 05-30-2015, 07:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Camry Hybrid Brake Fluid Flushing Bleeding

So I have a question. What exactly IS included into that wonderful price of $23.99? As I read that ad several times and still don't get it. Is it cable itself? How much is software then?
As Techstream itself is roughly $ 6 0000.
https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...sheettinfo.pdf

Old 05-30-2015, 07:35 AM

OK, I see now. It's just connector. Mind sharing where you got TS s/w from? Assuming you have it loaded onto your laptop.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:48 AM

Got the TS s/w. $FREE.
But how do I start it? Can't find the launcher.
Thank you

Old 05-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
OK, I see now. It's just connector. Mind sharing where you got TS s/w from? Assuming you have it loaded onto your laptop.

http://blog.uobd2.net/toyota-tis-techstream-9-30-002-software-download/

Old 05-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Follow the link in the first post to Amazon and read the questions and reviews. Sounds interesting enough that I ordered one so I'll leave a post once I see what I get. The reviewers say you need to be computer literate to get it to work, and $25 dollars won't hurt too bad if it I can't get it to work. Plus Amazon usually has a good return policy so little risk of losing any money.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:53 PM

I found launcher too. It simply placed quick start button on my desktop.
So it so far appears to be functioning OK.
I'll t-fer s/w onto a laptop later and post too.
Not that I really need to do bleeding, BF is crystal clear, but I'm that type of guy - I like stuff like this.
Come to think, I have 11 pin OBD2 cable from my CAN BUS scanner. My laptop also has 11pin. I may just go that route.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:11 PM

OK, got laptop, got TSI on it, ordered cable. Will have some to play with next weekend.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Professor Emeritus

Originally Posted by netrunner
I successfully flushed & bled my brake fluid yesterday using the Techstream software, which can be found for download on the Internet, and this connector from Amazon: Amazon.com : Fotga Newest V8.00.034 MINI VCI for TOYOTA TIS Techstream Diagnostic Cable & Software : Toyota Mongoose Cable : Car Electronics

The procedure was easy and straightforward if you have bled conventional brakes previously. In the Techstream software, you go into the ABS Utility and run the brake bleeding procedure and it tells you exactly what to do step by step. I was surprised how easy it was.

A few comments:
-My 2007 had never had the brake fluid flushed so I was expecting it to look terrible(dark). I was amazed that it actually looked pretty good. It was honey colored but after 8 years you would expect much worse--amazing and, no doubt, a result of the regenerative brakes keeping the brakes & fluid cool. In my other non-hybrid cars, which I flush every two or three years, the fluid looks much worse than what I took out of the Camry hybrid. Still, with the high cost of the hybrid brake components, it is financially dangerous to neglect changing the brake fluid on these cars.
-It took me exactly one quart to fully flush and I did not have any extra left.
-As with all vehicles, you will need an assistant to push the brake pedal when indicated.

bonus of the "dongle" & techstream software: I also changed some of the settings with the software for door unlock/lock, added a new key(bought on ebay for $80 since my wife lost hers.), changed the inverter coolant (you have to run the coolant pump with the techstream software to bleed the air out).
Good info. and thanks for posting.

Did you ever have your brake fluid reservoir replaced by the dealer? There is a campaign out to replace the reservoir free of charge. There is a filter between the 2 chambers and it can become clogged.

They did not bleed the brakes. But, that portion of the fluid was replaced.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Enthusiast

I did not accept this recall. I don't think it is necessary unless you have old brake fluid which has begun to form precipitates.

Quick Reply: 2007 Camry Hybrid Brake Fluid Flushing Bleeding

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands