2010 Camry Hybrid Relays NOT switching to READY

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2010 Camry Hybrid Relays NOT switching to READY

Hey Guys, New member here, first time post. I was searching around the net for anybody that may have had this issue but was unable to find anything, Although there did appear to be alot of great knowledge here so I figured I would sign up and ask.

I have recently replaced the traction battery in my '10 camry hybrid (avh40r) The vehicle is a taxi, has 350,000 klms on it and had a failure of the original traction battery. I sourced a second hand one with about 40,000 klms on it for a good price and installed it. Although when I attempt to start the car, the high voltage relays are not switching to READY. I am measuring 250+v at the terminals entering the relay box, but the relays are not switching and I am measuring nothing at the terminals after the relays when the IG is on and the car is in ready mode.

I removed one of the relays and found a lot of corrosion on it, so I removed the entire relay box and put my old, known good unit from my old battery on it but still no love.

I have also noticed that my DC-DC converter is not switching on, While I am using a jumper pack to boost the 12v battery while trying to start it, could this entire issue be caused by a dead DC-DC converter?

has anybody experienced this, or know what could be causing it?

Last edited by dvcleica; 07-25-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Camry Hybrid Relays NOT switching to READY

**ISSUE RESOLVED**

I replaced the DC-DC converter that came on the new battery pack with my old DC-DC converter that was known working and the system fired up as it should.

Now im getting a low engine power code...Have to figure that out. It has new plugs and coils, new air filter, I will have to get the injectors flow tested and replace the fuel filter..then see where we sit.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Camry Hybrid Relays NOT switching to READY

Cool. Good you figured it out. Can only imagine cost at dealership.
Maybe run a can or 2 of Seafoam through fuel system and one through oil? Cleans everything, been doing this for many years.
Check compression, of course.