After doing coolant flush camry overheats

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: After doing coolant flush camry overheats

AJ,

That is why I asked him in post 4 if he put it back in correctly and referred him to the water pump thread...

As far as the hose heat goes, as long as he is at idle with minimal loads, the radiator will cool the coolant down by a LOT. This will allow the thermostat to barely open allowing hot water into the hose at a slow rate and much cooler water at the other hose. This will be that way until the engine had idled for a while to bring the entire engine compartment up to the correct heat level.

Here, is has been running the heater (remember that is a small radiator) that is keeping the engine cool and the engine has been kept at an idle. I think he should be OK once he gives it a try on the road to get the engine up to operating temps.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Professor Emeritus
Default Re: After doing coolant flush camry overheats

Right.... I saw no conformation or mention that he thinks he "did or did not" put it back in correctly.

Been a while now... He must have sorted it out?

Aluminum block and head, you darn sure don't want to overheat the stupid thing!