Aftermarket Wheels for the TCH

Old 05-30-2006, 12:33 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Aftermarket Wheels for the TCH

Wheels are confusing. I have a set of chrome Nissan wheels from my old 350Z that in all respect seem like they should fit on the TCH. The size and bolt diameter all appear to be a fit. The offset of the Z wheels is 30mm front (7.5" wide) and 33 mm rear's (8" wide). The Camry is somewhere around 35 to 38mm. At least that's the offset on several wheels that TireRack said would fit. Now I have to figure out backspacing, center bore and if these wheels would fit. I was surprised that the overall diameter of the 17"Z wheel and tire combo are in an acceptable range of the Camry. I'm not sure I want this wide of a tire though (FE suffers). Any suggestions?

Does anyone know an easy way to compare if wheels from one vehicle would fit another?

Also, what aftermarket wheels are any of you using or seriously planning to purchase? Post Pictures? Are you using the TPMS's with your new tire/wheel combo. Do you see a problem with using the stock rims with snow tires and NOT installing the TPMS's for winter use (screw up the monitoring system?)

I'm Interested in something a little more glitzy yet still subdued (perhaps a 5 spoke chrome).

Old 06-08-2006, 04:48 AM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Aftermarket Wheels for the TCH

OK, forget the help on the Z Wheels, are any of you putting on aftermarket wheels? I'm thinking I want a 5 spoke, chrome for the titanium TCH and I don't want anything really any bigger than the 16" that's on here so I can use my tires and TPMS.

I just got rid of my Infiniti FX with 20" wheels and it was rough and tires did not last long. I just want something that accents the car not draws attention to the wheels. What do you recommend? There are so many brands and not all of them have been around all that long.

I would assume that the lexus wheels will fit the TCH but with the regen braking are there any issues with the backspacing on TCH wheels that might keep other wheels from fitting?