Any 2009 Owners with HTC Touch Pro and\or Denso\JBL Stereo or NAV?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Any 2009 Owners with HTC Touch Pro and\or Denso\JBL Stereo or NAV?

My number one question is

-Are these units upgraded from the previous units, or are they, essentially the same units found in the 07 and 08 model cars?

I ask this because I currently have an 07 with the factory JBL deck (6 disk changer, bt speakerphone), and I have to say, when paired with my Sprint HTC Touch Pro, people just can't hear me or understand what I am saying, when the car is running (I do a lot of highway driving).

Old 02-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Re: Any 2009 Owners with HTC Touch Pro and\or Denso\JBL Stereo or NAV?

From my experience it's more than likely the phone. I just switched from an LG Dare to a Samsung Saga with Verizon. I couldn't use the Dare as people would tell me they were only hearing parts of the words sometimes. Now with the Saga they say that everything is crystal clear and they can't tell that I am on Bluetooth.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

Mannn... that is hard to swallow...the HTC Pro has BT 2.0... so it should work just fine... but in all reality, I have had the Mogul, the Touch Pro, and the 6700, and the BT on those phones has never really worked in neither my 07 Camry Hybrid, nor my 07 Nissan Altima 2.5SL... which sucks... I will try my Blackberry 8900 (soon to be a Curve).

Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Driving in stealth mode

I had the LG Dare, MotoQ, BB 8820, LG Venus, Moto RAZR and now the Samsung SAGA. The only one I really had an issue with was the Dare, and I dropped it once or twice so maybe that was the reason.

Where do you keep the phone when you have it connected? I keep mine in the little cubby by the arm rest or on the passenger seat. If I keep it in my pocket the sound quality diminishes.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've had the LG VX8700 and the Moto RAZR work without issue. Except, the 8700 wont show who is calling (on the Nav system). I believe it works if you don't have the Nav system -- which just doesn't make sense. I honestly believe the bluetooth software provided by Denso is sub par. Overall, this type of issue is one of the bluetooth limitations. The fact that implementations differ and there is no forced standard.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phenderson
My number one question is

-Are these units upgraded from the previous units, or are they, essentially the same units found in the 07 and 08 model cars?

I ask this because I currently have an 07 with the factory JBL deck (6 disk changer, bt speakerphone), and I have to say, when paired with my Sprint HTC Touch Pro, people just can't hear me or understand what I am saying, when the car is running (I do a lot of highway driving).
I sold my 07 TCH a few months ago, but I had the Denso JBL bluetooth paired with my Cingular 8125 (= HTC Wizard) and had no problems, it was actually my Samsung BlackJackII (with it's lousy proprietary BT stack) that wasn't compatible with the TCH JBL headunit. Have you tried updating your HTC Touch Pro to the latest WM6.1 version? Generally speaking, I've found the HTC Bluetooth stack to be very compatible with most headsets. (I'm now using a Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes) in my new car on a Valor headunit with no BT issues).

Last edited by flopshot; 03-18-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Any 2009 Owners with HTC Touch Pro and\or Denso\JBL Stereo or NAV?

I have the RAZR with an 07 TCH and it sounds great.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
I sold my 07 TCH a few months ago, but I had the Denso JBL bluetooth paired with my Cingular 8125 (= HTC Wizard) and had no problems, it was actually my Samsung BlackJackII (with it's lousy proprietary BT stack) that wasn't compatible with the TCH JBL headunit. Have you tried updating your HTC Touch Pro to the latest WM6.1 version? Generally speaking, I've found the HTC Bluetooth stack to be very compatible with most headsets. (I'm now using a Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes) in my new car on a Valor headunit with no BT issues).
YEP... I have upgraded to 6.1....with all the fixes (Might Rom 4.13)....
What I am realizing is that it sounds just fine, until someone tries to talk over you or at the same time you are talking... then it has problems with duplexing...

Old 05-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Enthusiast

I have a TP paired with my 07, no nav, and I've made about 10-12 hours worth of calls on the pairing... only once have I had an audio drop out issue. In fact, most of my callers say I sound better on the car phone than on the phone itself or with my Jawbone.

I am running Juicy 6.5 with audiopara set to max.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:37 PM
2009TCH w/NAV bought 4/08

I have had no problem with LG VX8300 on my 2009 TCH. The name of the caller does not show up unless the contact is in the car.