Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Originally Posted by markn
Hi Guys,
Would you mind if I joined your party. I live in the same neighborhood as OmegaOmega and just picked up my Camry from the dealer tonight. Would love to install the back up camera as this is the one option in the Prius that I was dissappointed to see not make it into the Camry. Let me know if it's OK and I'll order one of these ASAP.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark

I have no problem with you being there as well if it is OK with Omega. Let me know when one of you two get one of these cameras and we can start the party.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Hi Guys,
Would you mind if I joined your party. I live in the same neighborhood as OmegaOmega and just picked up my Camry from the dealer tonight. Would love to install the back up camera as this is the one option in the Prius that I was dissappointed to see not make it into the Camry. Let me know if it's OK and I'll order one of these ASAP.

Thanks,

Mark
Sure, but it's a very exclusive party. Visa or Mastercard required for entry. Oh, and we do accept American Express.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast

Cool. I ordered one off of eBay today so I'll let you guys know when it comes in.

Originally Posted by OmegaOmega
Sure, but it's a very exclusive party. Visa or Mastercard required for entry. Oh, and we do accept American Express.
I'll make sure to bring the plastic.

Mark

Old 01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Great D.I.Y.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jagbagri
Mark

I have no problem with you being there as well if it is OK with Omega. Let me know when one of you two get one of these cameras and we can start the party.
Hi Guys,

The mailman delivered my backup camera yesterday. I'm ready to go. OmegaOmega, have you been able to get one of these yet?

Mark

Old 01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Ham
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info....I have a question for you.

I am interested in interfacing some equipment to display on the nav screen while driving forwards. Does the nav system only accept video when in reverse? Or does the camera video come up on the screen only in reverse because the nav system only supplies the camera with power when in reverse?

Thanks again!

Old 01-18-2007, 05:23 AM
Enthusiast

I second the question. I don't particularly care for backup camera but would be nice to use the screen for other purposes, such as DVD playback or PC... Or even modded Xbox.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ham
Thanks for the info....I have a question for you.

I am interested in interfacing some equipment to display on the nav screen while driving forward. Does the nav system only accept video when in reverse? Or does the camera video come up on the screen only in reverse because the nav system only supplies the camera with power when in reverse?

Thanks again!
The nav system only displays video from the backup camera while in reverse. Applying power to the camera when not in reverse has no effect on the nav display.

When I had my camera installed, they tried to install a switch that controlled camera power, so that I could view behind the car when not in reverse. It didn't work. The nav system would only display the camera video while in reverse.

Last edited by MickeysPal; 01-18-2007 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Correct image link
Old 01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

The mailman delivered my backup camera yesterday. I'm ready to go. OmegaOmega, have you been able to get one of these yet?

Mark
If OmegaOmega has not received his camera yet, we may do the install on your car, Mark. You know my email, let me know. I'm free this Satuday afternoon as I have to get the oil changed on my other car (Corolla) that morning.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MickeysPal
The nav system only displays video from the backup camera while in reverse. Applying power to the camera when not in reverse has no effect on the nav display.

When I had my camera installed, they tried to install a switch that controlled camera power, so that I could view behind the car when not in reverse. It didn't work. The nav system would only display the camera video while in reverse.

Hey MickeysPal

Just out of curiosity where did you buy your camera, what model did you get and who installed it?

Once I get my TCH I'm considering getting it done too. I'm not skilled enough to do it myself

Quick Reply: Back up Camrea installation to the NAV unt (with pictures)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands