Bluetooth microphone weak

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:01 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth microphone weak

I believe that I read somewhere that there had been some Camrys made without the microphone being connected. Perhaps it's worth having the dealer check out this possibility. Could it be that the phone's own microphone is picking up a faint signal on its own, and that's all that's getting through — hence the very low volume? There is also a microphone sensitivity adjustment that the dealer can make.

Stan

Old 12-30-2006, 09:23 AM
old fart

My problem isnt a week voice from me but I get complaints that my vioce breaks up and they cant understand me.I shut my car off and use my motorola h700 headset and the problem is gone.I have sprint and a new katana phone.Sprint checked my phone and the over the last couple weeks checked the towers and say they have no problems.
I called toyota and they sent me to my dealer who cant find a problem.I believe i have eleminated the phone,and sprint as it works fine with my motorola h700 headset.Has to be a problem with the toyota bluetooth or maybe the mike.
anyone else with this problem?

Old 01-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Enthusiast

The Camry's Bluetooth is almost certainly the problem...

I don't understand why Toyota had to go and make their bluetooth so silly.

Almost every other car company simply uses Bluetooth to connect to the phone directly, making the phone's address book, commands, etc, available THROUGH THE PHONE.

The car simply acts as a sort of gateway...

But not Toyota... They have decided that you must TRANSFER your phone's address book from your phone, to the car's memory - a real drag if you don't have NAV, as it will only hold 20 numbers!!

The reception is lousy on many phones (my a900 won't even turn ON - it has to be on before I start the car or I'm SOL).

If anyone at Toyota is reading this - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come up with some sort of firmware or adjustment that will make Camry's just like any other bluetooth car!! PLEASE!!

Old 01-02-2007, 04:47 AM
old fart

I had the same problems with the a 900,i had to open the window and hold it outside to turn on.I went to sprint and they replaced it with the katana.
I am having problems with the bluetooth on the car,people tell me i am breaking up bad.I switch to the phone from the car bluetooth and the problem is gone.Im taking it to the dealer today to have it checked out.I dont hear of this problem from others so i may have a defective bluetooth system.time will tell

Old 01-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

If you go to this link https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ight=bluetooth you will find the methods for getting into the bluetooth menu and some discussion about it. I bumped my microphone sensitivity up 1 and it helped a lot.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
If you go to this link https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ight=bluetooth you will find the methods for getting into the bluetooth menu and some discussion about it. I bumped my microphone sensitivity up 1 and it helped a lot.
This is ONLY for people with NAV. As I recall we are STILL waiting on someone to post how to do it for us non- nav peeps.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
This is ONLY for people with NAV. As I recall we are STILL waiting on someone to post how to do it for us non- nav peeps.
I am sure that if the original post indicated one way or the other that I would know what glevine needs, or would refrain from comment. I sent him/her the best I could come up with.

Have the Prius methods been tried?

Old 01-02-2007, 11:24 AM

I am sure that if the original post indicated one way or the other that I would know what glevine needs, or would refrain from comment. I sent him/her the best I could come up with.

Have the Prius methods been tried?
My post was not to knock what you posted it was just to let people with non nav systems know not to wade through 3 pages of posts to find nothing.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Bluetooth microphone weak

Originally Posted by FL07THC
My post was not to knock what you posted it was just to let people with non nav systems know not to wade through 3 pages of posts to find nothing.
No problem!

I tried the Prius method for getting into Diagnostic Mode and it worked on my Camry. Someone without Nav, please try this:

1) Get in, shut drivers door
2) Start car
3) While holding down the INFO button, move the headlight switch from OFF to the next position and back to OFF 3 times.

This should get you into a maintenance screen and allow you to press MENU (softkey on the screen) to get to the Bluetooth settings. Please let us know if this works!

Regards,

Larry

Old 01-02-2007, 02:31 PM

No problem!

I tried the Prius method for getting into Diagnostic Mode and it worked on my Camry. Someone without Nav, please try this:

1) Get in, shut drivers door
2) Start car
3) While holding down the INFO button, move the headlight switch from OFF to the next position and back to OFF 3 times.

This should get you into a maintenance screen and allow you to press MENU (softkey on the screen) to get to the Bluetooth settings. Please let us know if this works!

Regards,

Larry
OK, I just went out and did this. First there is not INFO button so I assume you meant Disp. button. I tried this and got no maintenance screen. On thing interesting did happen though. While starting the car I held down the disp. button and the screen stayed all white.

Does your car have nav? If so we only need a solution for non nav owners.

Last edited by FL07THC; 01-02-2007 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth microphone weak

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands