Canadian TCH Owners - Extended Warranty for $795!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Canadian TCH Owners - Extended Warranty for $795!!!

Awesome news for Canadian TCH owners!

I've been contemplating the extended warranty since I purchased my TCH. It was a tough decision as I read a lot of posts of US TCH owners who've bought the 7/75/0 warranty for sub-$1000, and my reality was $1999 (+ tax). Unlike our US counterparts, Canadian dealerships are not giving us a price break (very very minimal if at all).

Well, I contacted Troy Dietrich, who seemed to be the person of choice for factory warranties, expecting to get the "no Canadians, sorry" story BUT to my surprise...

Troy Dietrich of Greenfield Toyota is offering the 7 year / 75,000 miles (120,000 km) / $0 deductible Extra Care Platinum Warranty for US $795!!!

Anyway, if you want the extended warranty I think it's a no brainer... I don't have Troy Dietrich's phone number handy but my emails to his TDietrich@factorydiscountwarranty.com address has been responded to in a speedy manner.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Canadian TCH Owners - Extended Warranty for $795!!!

Before I contact Troy, any idea how the extended warranty works in Canada?

Old 11-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

To be certain you'll have to ask Troy (or an expert) but as far as I know, exactly the same as the Canadian version. Just like the US version, I believe the warranty is valid at all dealerships in North America.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 AM
The Man from Mars
Question Re: Canadian TCH Owners - Extended Warranty for $795!!!

How long after the sale do we have to decide before they close the door?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Enthusiast

Extended warranties are almost NEVER worth purchasing... this goes for cars, computers, and any other gadget you buy.

It frustrates me to see companies making extra profits on something that should be standard.

I mean "we guarantee our products will work" should be a given!!!

Why should I have to fork out $800 to "make sure" my car stands the test of time?

It's like buying protection from the mafia!!

Old 11-30-2006, 04:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Is this warranty the kind that gives you your money back at the end of the term, if you don't make a claim?

If so, then you are just lending the money to that company, and your loss is just the interest you would have earned on it (probably less than $100).

Old 11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Enthusiast

nope... no money back... you only get "paid" if there is something wrong... and since something going wrong is THEIR fault anyways... it seems kind of wrong to have to pay extra to get it fixed for "free"!!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Enthusiast

I have dealt with Troy on an extended warranty. He always responded to phone calls and emails promptly. I had my paperwork within the timeframe he specified.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Anybody that wants to know what coverage this Platinum Extended Warranty gives them should do a search for "extended warranty". This subject has been covered in several hundred posts, if not thousands. The original poster was simply posting the most recent price for Canadian owners, since the street price on this warranty seems to go up a few bucks every month as Toyota figures out the true long-term maintenance cost of the TCH. Realize that this is a brand new car and it always takes the manufacturer a while to zero in on those kind of costs. The people who bought the 7/100/0 back in May got a steal, they paid around $600 for it. I paid $990 for the 7/100/0 in August from Midwest Toyota. Have no idea what the street price is now.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 PM
TCH-Frosted Mink

US$795?? any taxes on it?
I purchased 07 TCH with Toyota Canada ECP 7years/160K around Cdn$1500. it sounds more but it is original toyota Extended Care Protection plan and comes with FREE oil changes, Ext roadside assistance + car rental...

No bad.

Originally Posted by leepark
Awesome news for Canadian TCH owners!

I've been contemplating the extended warranty since I purchased my TCH. It was a tough decision as I read a lot of posts of US TCH owners who've bought the 7/75/0 warranty for sub-$1000, and my reality was $1999 (+ tax). Unlike our US counterparts, Canadian dealerships are not giving us a price break (very very minimal if at all).

Well, I contacted Troy Dietrich, who seemed to be the person of choice for factory warranties, expecting to get the "no Canadians, sorry" story BUT to my surprise...

Troy Dietrich of Greenfield Toyota is offering the 7 year / 75,000 miles (120,000 km) / $0 deductible Extra Care Platinum Warranty for US $795!!!

Anyway, if you want the extended warranty I think it's a no brainer... I don't have Troy Dietrich's phone number handy but my emails to his TDietrich@factorydiscountwarranty.com address has been responded to in a speedy manner.

Quick Reply: Canadian TCH Owners - Extended Warranty for $795!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands