Center console squeak-dealer helpful?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Enthusiast
Question Center console squeak-dealer helpful?

Took my TCH to the dealership for the first service today. Complained about the squeaking center console to the service manager. He asked me to book another appointment to have the problem looked at. He said ``it may take hours''.

Anyone here found the dealership helpful? I am sure Toyota is aware of the problem but I am skeptical that they have a solution.

I have tried the methods found on this forum and they each works for up to a month. But the squeak eventually comes back. If the dealers don’t really have a fix, I won't waste my time taking the car to the dealership. They don't seem to be very competent. I certainly don't want to let them fool around with my car if they don't know what they are doing.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Center console squeak-dealer helpful?

My original felt pad fix has worked since August06. The squeak has never returned.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...4&postcount=27

Old 02-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I never took mine to a dealer to get it fixed. Instead of using felt pads, I used rubberized weather stripping that you tape in window/door frames (posted in the original "cricket squeak" thread). No problems for about 4 months now.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Enthusiast

Klynch, Flopshot,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the felt pads solution again and this time, I also wrapped the two insert tips with duct tape as I suspect most of the squeak comes from the tips robbing again the insert holes. It has eliminated the noise for now. I hope it won't return.