Check VSC System - Multiple warning lights permanently on

Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Check VSC System - Multiple warning lights permanently on

07 Camry hybrid with about 95K miles just had multiple lights come on permanently. See attached image. Been about 2 days and I haven't driven it since - using the wife's car for everything. Buddy of mine that works for Toyota in another state said it's no big deal. Said they'll probably just reset the computer when I take it in but I'm not taking any chances with two kids in the back seat. Tried opening and closing the gas tank but that didn't do anything.

1 - Check VSC System
2 - Red "BRAKE" indicator (brake system warning light)
3 - Yellow indicator (brake system warning light)
4 - Master warning light
5 - ABS indicator

Called the dealer and they suggested I don't drive it (liability reasons I'm sure) so before taking it in I wanted to find out what the problem could be. I see from various older posts that it could be anything from a low brake fluid to worn pads to a bad sensor which means it could range in price from a few bucks for some brake fluid to a few thousand bucks.

Will have to hold off till end of month for my commission check before taking it in just in case they slap me with a 1-2k bill but I'll be sure to let you know what the verdict is. If anyone has any suggestions I'm wide open.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fellsmere-20130819-00132.jpg (85.0 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by noproblem07camry; 08-19-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Check VSC System - Multiple warning lights permanently on

Before you have a panic attack, do you have or know someone that has a basic scan tool that will read ABS codes? Without that code/codes, no one here could offer a suggestion on what to do.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeorgiaHybrid
Before you have a panic attack, do you have or know someone that has a basic scan tool that will read ABS codes? Without that code/codes, no one here could offer a suggestion on what to do.

Thx for the response GeorgiaHybrid. Unfortunately I don't know any one who has a scan tool. Don't think I'll be able to keep it in the garage till end of month either. Will have to take it in tomorrow and have the dealer run a diagnostic test. Depending on the cost, I'll either take care of everything or have them do a temporary fix. Will keep the forum posted.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Enthusiast

Well... here's the verdict.

DTC C1249 - Brake light switch replacement. Switch assy = $39.54 and labor = $99.50
DTC C1391 - Brake accumulator assembly. Actuator assy = $3,079 brake fluid = $16, and labor = $298.

Total quote = $3,532.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

You just had the worst case scenario happen with a Camry Hybrid braking system. There have been several users with an accumulator that needed to be replaced. Not so many that is seems to be an issue like the water pumps are but that doesn't ease the pain of paying for it when it happens.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Professor Emeritus

I would be salvaging that part! Toyota is "gouging" people on this part. It is really ridiculous. They should make it right. I remember reading somewhere that Toyota DOES consider this a part of the Hybrid system and is attached to the Hybrid warranty. I would hold their feet to the fire until you hear otherwise. If necessary contact Toyota directly and go "around the dealer" if they give you any Sh@t.

What is stopping you from going to a salvage yard and getting that part of a newer model as a last resort? I wonder what differences there are in that part (if any) between 2007 and 2011? Curious....

Old 11-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Enthusiast

Whats the purpose of VSC coming out twice in 1 week, what's the reason it happens to the car !

Old 11-07-2015, 07:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Azzam, what year is your Camry? There was a recall on Camry related to VSC light.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Professor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Azzam Al-Masri
Whats the purpose of VSC coming out twice in 1 week, what's the reason it happens to the car !
You need to have the codes read to determine the problem. I had the lights coming on and all it was was a bad brake light switch. $50 part and I was on my way. Codes listed an open circuit in the switch in my case.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

07 Camry Hybrid, I had low voltage on a couple of the cells. The vehicle sat form almost 2 yrs before I bought it. It had internal water damage
from sitting, the sun roof drains were clogged. I have replaced the inverter, the bad cells, the relays in the hybrid battery. It will not ready up. Im at a lose at this point. There are no pending codes present at this time. I now have low voltage on cells 3 and 4 but, my understanding is it should still start. any help is appreciated.

Thank Chip

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check VSC System - Multiple warning lights permanently on

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands