Clicking noise from front left dash

Old 10-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Clicking noise from front left dash

I have an annoying rattle(click) coming from the front left speaker area. This click only appears when the temperature is 75+. Anyone has a solution?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Clicking noise from front left dash

I also have an annoying noise, but it comes from my right front seat. hope my wife doesnt read this! lol

Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!

Are you sure it is not the PlasmaCluster energizing. That comes for the left A/C vent area, and is a short burst of clicking, not a constant stream of clicks.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

I've noticed that the vents in general click when it's hot and the A/C first comes on. I'm assuming that they're making noise as they rapidly change temperature. (This includes the vent through the console to the back seats.)

Ryan

Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

I am fortunate to be able to keep my car in covered parking both at home and at work. I've owned my TCH since November 24, '06 and only two weeks ago experienced the popping and clicking from the vents. My car had been parked in the sun and 90+ degree heat while I was at a baseball game. My first reaction was "So that's what they're talking about!"

Old 10-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hybrid25
I have an annoying rattle(click) coming from the front left speaker area. This click only appears when the temperature is 75+. Anyone has a solution?
Exactly my experience. It's not there in the morning, but faithfully reappears after the car is parked in the sun. Took speaker grill off, didn't help. Would enormously appreciate if anybody could share a solution.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Enthusiast

I had a noise coming from the left front dash area; turned out to be the coins and stuff I had in the coin dish (or whatever that thing is that slides out). I opened, slammed it closed, and the noise went away. Hit some bumps in the road and the noise came back; open, slam close, noise went away. You've probably already checked this (or don't have anything in that tray), but I was initially convinced my noise was coming from the speaker grille area.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

It bothers me... I have a clicking noise in the back, sounds like a coin hitting up against the back windshield. Comes and goes, but i hear it nearly every day (so slight, but i guess since the car is so quite and smooth; this abnormality stands out - but my friends think i am crazy). When i go over uneven ground with no radio the noise taunts me. I have only 2500 miles on the car and was going to bring it up to my service rep when i go in for my 5000 mile check up but i know there wont be much for them to do. i think it has something to do with cabin temperature as well, i know its nothing physical moving around (checked everywhere)...

Old 10-14-2007, 05:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnnyjk2000xp
It bothers me... I have a clicking noise in the back, sounds like a coin hitting up against the back windshield. Comes and goes, but i hear it nearly every day (so slight, but i guess since the car is so quite and smooth; this abnormality stands out - but my friends think i am crazy). When i go over uneven ground with no radio the noise taunts me. I have only 2500 miles on the car and was going to bring it up to my service rep when i go in for my 5000 mile check up but i know there wont be much for them to do. i think it has something to do with cabin temperature as well, i know its nothing physical moving around (checked everywhere)...
This may be coming from the hybrid battery air vent. The user manual says you may hear noise from there.