Customization Options for TCH

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast
Question Re: Customization Options for TCH

Has anyone succeeded to change the setting?
I followed the steps described precisely #7 fails to register -->

(7) Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF".

Am I doing something wrong?
As I read in the manual, ignition switch is ON when pressing the
ignition button the second time (without depressing the brake pedal), in other words when light is amber and all control lights are on.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default can ECO setting be changed?

It would be so nice if the ECO setting would be ON by default, I find it extremely annoying to check that it is ON and stays ON (the **** thing turns itself OFF often (not sure about this, but I have the feeling it happens not only when turning the temp to high or low). And because the button is not easily reachable it makes driving a bit unsafe. I once hit the fuel tank door button by mistake, too.
I think this is the dumbest thing about this car so far.
On top of everything I haven't noticed any effect on temperature after switching ECO OFF-at least when turning the temp up - I mean I would expect to see more heat.

In general (with ECO off or on) I am disappointed at the efficiency of the
climate heating system, my 7 old Honda Accord was warming up much quicker and would deliver more heat (I would have to turn the temperature down or my hands on the steering wheel would get too hot after 10-15 minutes). My commute is 15 minutes one way.
...Not to talk about fuel economy, while in the summer I would get 38 mpg, now I get 33 on the same route to work and driving like grandma. It seems unfair that EPA rating is 38-40 officialy, it should state that it applies to summer conditions.

I soon need to change the oil for the first time, I wonder what is best to use during winter, to possibly boost mpg. I heard about synthetic oil but have no idea if it's good or bad. Anyone?

Thanks!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Recent Hybrid convert
Default Re: Customization Options for TCH

Originally Posted by parsippany_NJ
Has anyone succeeded to change the setting? I followed the steps described precisely #7 fails to register --> (7) Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF". Am I doing something wrong?
As I read in the manual, ignition switch is ON when pressing the ignition button the second time (without depressing the brake pedal), in other words when light is amber and all control lights are on.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one not being successful.

I tried it as soon as it got posted, same result (or lack thereof) as parsippany_NJ. I even tried it with "ON" translated into "starting your car as usual" (i.e. with brake pedal)... Neither worked.

I wonder if this "gem" was actually intended for regular Camrys, since Item 1 reads: "Turn the ignition switch to the ON position"...

jessenj -- can you help out or shed some light? How have you gotten it to work with your car?

Last edited by HybridFan; 12-07-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast

Let me help out a little here. I tried it and didn't succeed either. Then I went back to the original forum I found it on and read that you might have to hold the ODO reset for up to 45 seconds. To be sure, I held it for one minute, plugged in my seat belt and voila! The other tip you might want to try is to press and hold the ODO button after you set the car to ON and the beeping starts. I did it after I heard the beeps and that seemed to be successful.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jessenj
Let me help out a little here. I tried it and didn't succeed either. Then I went back to the original forum I found it on and read that you might have to hold the ODO reset for up to 45 seconds. To be sure, I held it for one minute, plugged in my seat belt and voila! The other tip you might want to try is to press and hold the ODO button after you set the car to ON and the beeping starts. I did it after I heard the beeps and that seemed to be successful.
ok, I have tried this 10 different ways and I can not get B to display.

I have tried pushing the trip button right away, I have also waited untill after it beeps. I have tried the while starting the car (foot on Brake) and while in aux. No luck

Old 12-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Enthusiast

On doesn't mean car running. This has to be done without the foot on the brake (ie - start button pressed twice). Wait for beeps, then press and hold.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Recent Hybrid convert

[...] I tried it and didn't succeed either. Then I went back to the original forum I found it on and read that you might have to hold the ODO reset for up to 45 seconds. To be sure, I held it for one minute, plugged in my seat belt and voila! [...]

[also,]"On" doesn't mean car running. This has to be done without the foot on the brake (ie - start button pressed twice). Wait for beeps, then press and hold.
Originally Posted by FL07THC
ok, I have tried this 10 different ways and I can not get B to display.
I also just finished trying it several times, with and w/o variations... My thumb is nicely indented from all those "1 minute presses" by now, but still no dice.
I even tried it with diff't settings on the multi-info display, incl. the "blank screen" that only has the ODO reading in small print below (thinking it might pop up the "B-on/B-off" msg in the "blank area" once & for all).

jessenj -- can you give us a link to the original forum where you found this? Maybe some of us are just not 'getting it'... Was yours on a particular muli-info display screen? Did you have to wait until the car "re-cycled" itself when you didn't succeed the first time (as in: stepping out of the car and waiting 30 secs until ALL the lights were off again)?

Knowing Jesse got his/hers to work keeps me wanting to attempt it until it magically works, but after trying the past 20+ mins I'm just frustrated by now... so close & yet so far from finally getting rid of this pesky annoyance!

Old 12-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Enthusiast

Check here:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=80189

Old 12-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HybridFan
jessenj -- can you give us a link to the original forum where you found this? Maybe some of us are just not 'getting it'... Was yours on a particular muli-info display screen? Did you have to wait until the car "re-cycled" itself when you didn't succeed the first time (as in: stepping out of the car and waiting 30 secs until ALL the lights were off again)?

Knowing Jesse got his/hers to work keeps me wanting to attempt it until it magically works, but after trying the past 20+ mins I'm just frustrated by now... so close & yet so far from finally getting rid of this pesky annoyance!
I found something like this on the ClubLexus forum. I tried it myself many times unsuccessfully and gave up eventualy. I think the instuctions are for Lexus GS which I though might work with our TCH as well, but did not. Here is the link if anybody want to give it anohter try. I don't know how Jesse got it to work????

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...at+belt+buzzer

Old 12-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

On doesn't mean car running. This has to be done without the foot on the brake (ie - start button pressed twice). Wait for beeps, then press and hold.

This I understand and if you look at my post again you will see I did it both ways.

Quick Reply: Customization Options for TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands