Doors locking when leaving the car

Old 05-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Doors locking when leaving the car

Originally Posted by Droid13
Not supposed to. After the door is opened the alarm will wait 30 seconds (default) for the key to be recognized. I never had this feature turned on, doesn't seem useful. If you don't want people routing around in your car, I'd think locking the doors would be the first thing to do...
The waiting 30 seconds part screws the usefulness. I am thinking of cases where say, someone leaves a garage door open and they don't lock their car, it would be nice to have the security go off is someone attempts to enter without the FOB.

I am screwed by this one thing: I grew up in an area where locking cars and houses was just not done -- there was never any crime. Where I live now, people will steal your plants if left outside.