Doors not locking on my '07 TCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Doors not locking on my '07 TCH

Hi,

This is the second occurence of my doors not locking after I put my car in park, turn off the engine, and leave the car.. I press the button on the drivers side handle and the doors will not lock. I walk over to the passenger side and press that button and it does not lock. I just my keyfob to lock the doors and still a no go. If I press the unlock button on my keyfob, you hear the click of the car unlocking the doors and then the 2 beeps to signal that the doors are unlocked. However, when I press the lock button on the keyfob, there is just silence.

I get in my car and press on the door lock button on the armrest and again, silence, the doors do not lock. So eventually I have to get out and lock each door manually.

Interestingly enough, it's random. I could get back to my car minutes or an hour later, and i can hit the unlock button and then the lock button and I will hear my car unlock and lock.

Has anyone experienced this? Any known user-able fixes?

Thanks!

Old 08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Doors not locking on my '07 TCH

Normally when the car won't lock because of key detection or car left in "ready", I believe it provides lots of warning beeps, but that doesn't sound like your problem. Maybe a sticky switch somewhere, like on the shifter in P or something like that. Maybe cycle the power and shift out in back into P next time it happens and see if that changes anything...

Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

This is a warranty item, although recreating this in front of the dealer will be a tough one. If you're cell phone takes good video, I'd suggest recording this the next time it happens.
I had a strange radio display once and used a photo to prove to the dealer that it needed to be replaced. Given that this is a tad bit more serious than a radio and should be dealt with, your recorded proof is going to be the only way they'll believe you.

Last edited by haroldo; 08-29-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Malcontent

Originally Posted by Droid13
Normally when the car won't lock because of key detection or car left in "ready", I believe it provides lots of warning beeps, but that doesn't sound like your problem. Maybe a sticky switch somewhere, like on the shifter in P or something like that. Maybe cycle the power and shift out in back into P next time it happens and see if that changes anything...
I think the car still complains if you turn it off without putting it in P.

Is it possible a low battery in the fob could cause this? If it's not being detected due to a low battery, putting the black square button on the handles won't lock the car and it would also explain why pressing the lock button on the fob doesn't lock the car either.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't believe this is a low battery issue. The car also does not lock when I try to lock the door from the door lock button on the door (above the window switches).

My car is out of warranty so unfortunately any dealer fixes will be out of pocket. I'm hoping to get this resolved on my own, but will take to the dealer if necessary since I dont want to go around all four doors to manually lock it everytime I get out of the car.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geckoboy
I don't believe this is a low battery issue. The car also does not lock when I try to lock the door from the door lock button on the door (above the window switches).

My car is out of warranty so unfortunately any dealer fixes will be out of pocket. I'm hoping to get this resolved on my own, but will take to the dealer if necessary since I dont want to go around all four doors to manually lock it everytime I get out of the car.
Does the car give you the 'door open' beep? The simple fault may be a switch out of adjustment and being interpreted as a open door.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Happy 07 TCH Owner

It sounds like it could be a lose connector inside the door panel, if it is it's easy to fix.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have had similar problems with the doors locking. I open the drivers door to exit and press the door lock switch. I hear the the doors lock and then immediately unlock. I look inside the car and see the car's clock is still lit up. I press the power/start button till the clock goes dark. Standing with the drivers door open, I press the lock button again, now the doors lock properly.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Mine did that too for two weeks until I found my spare keyfob in it...
No warning just wont lock and make a long annoing beep when I try to lock.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

Apparently there is service bulletin for this. I just returned from the dealership and the tech told me that they had to upgrade the software to resolve a door locking issue with the 2007. My car was in for a totally unrelated matter and I never had an issue with my door locks.

Quick Reply: Doors not locking on my '07 TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands