DRL and Nav Display

Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default DRL and Nav Display

When I have my Daytime Running Lights on during the day, the Nav system goes to night mode and displays everything on a darkly lit screen.

Is there anyway to override this and change the display to the regular daytime illuminated screen?

Thanks.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: DRL and Nav Display

Well, it shouldn't be doing that in the first place (stating the obvious), but until you get that problem resolved, yes you can override it. Push the Display button on the side of the nav screen. There's a button on screen at the top that lets you choose between day and night modes.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

could it be you have the headlights on.....to have running lights on the setting is "auto". Is that where you have it?

Old 12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I leave the lights on auto. Sometimes the nav is daylight at night and some times night in day. I can't figure out why or how it changes.

John

Old 12-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by zebrajeb
I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I leave the lights on auto. Sometimes the nav is daylight at night and some times night in day. I can't figure out why or how it changes.

John
Are you blocking the daylight sensor in the front center of the dash? Did you tint the front window (if that's even legal)?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Are you blocking the daylight sensor in the front center of the dash? Did you tint the front window (if that's even legal)?
No, not blocking sensor and front window is not tinted.

John

Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

When the NAV display is in night-time mode, check to see if the headlight indicator on the dash is illuminated. It could be that your sensor is miscalibrated and the headlights are actually coming on when you don't expect them to.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zebrajeb

John
Do you have the "time" set accuratly on the gps? I'm trying to remember,,,,I think there is a time set,or at least an am pm setting.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think the time setting is irrelevant. The intensity of the lighting is a function of the amount of light hitting the sensor on the dashboard.