General Understanding Gen 6 TCH

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Enthusiast
Smile General Understanding Gen 6 TCH

Hey Guys, I got 2009 TCH. its my daily ride. Recently, i got a engine knock on my engine due to running lean. It ran lean because of the oxygen sensor bank 2, and i ignored the engine light.
So, i'm planning to get my engine fully rebuilt and lowering my compression ratio. i am planning to add a turbo on it. And i need every opinion, knowledge i can collect to do it. i uploaded picture of my car. i am new to this forum so im still in the process of setting my profile up.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: General Understanding Gen 6 TCH

Check. Note to self - do not get involved.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

You want an educated opinion? Leave the engine stock and put it back together. if you want a hotter engine, buy a different car.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ahmed Iqbal
Hey Guys, I got 2009 TCH. its my daily ride. Recently, i got a engine knock on my engine due to running lean. It ran lean because of the oxygen sensor bank 2, and i ignored the engine light.
So, i'm planning to get my engine fully rebuilt and lowering my compression ratio. i am planning to add a turbo on it. And i need every opinion, knowledge i can collect to do it. i uploaded picture of my car. i am new to this forum so im still in the process of setting my profile up.

The HSD ECU will thwart your desires at every turn.

For the TCH to get down the street, the ICE, MG1 and MG2 do a 'torque dance', choreographed by the ECU. If any of the components don't respond 'in step', the car will trip over itself. Substantially changing the torque potential of the ICE, without being able to change torque output of MG1 and MG2 will simply get the ECU to shut down the party and set 'fatal error' codes.

dropping the compression (and consequently expansion ratio) will likewise drop your engine efficiency and fuel economy. If you have an itch to 'hot rod', pick another victim - the TCH is a poor choice.