Got a used 2009 Camry XLE Hybrid, some questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got a used 2009 Camry XLE Hybrid, some questions

Never said you drink and drive, right? I said - alcohol break down products cause fogged glass. I worked in alcoholics rehab. First thing am doc will do was to take empty glass and let one suspect of drinking yesterday give a quick exhale into it. It fogged solid - first sign guy drank yesterday. Also, I noticed that if I had a few beers and buddy was driving - my side of the car windows WILL fog. He even joked - now everyone outside can tell someone is drunk inside. So it actually is true. Nothing to do with you driving. Just a thought.
They sell antifogging wipes in parts stores. I believe it's as simple as methyl alcohol wipes. Judging by their smell. Someone told me rubbing fresh cut potato does same anti-fogging effect.
But if this issue follows you from a car to a car - it's something in your body that does it. Sweat, breath, whatever. I had a patient that his sweat caused squeaking shoes.
Hey, there is nothing offensive in what I say. People simply forgot that there are very real everyday things that are very important but for some reason never talked about. Like urination and defecation. One dies if not yet, can't talk about it.
So it may be food, drinks, whatever. personal chemistry. Who knows.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast

Haha, I'm not easily offended bro. I don't think alcohol would be the issue at hand here. I'm not really drinking often - more like a beer a month, if that. However, I am manly as hell, and work out hard, and drink a lot of water. I'm buff, so I sweat from time to time. Though not often in the car. More like when I'm lifting weights, and getting shallow women dropping panties for me in the gym only for me tell them I'm faithfully married. However I do bring bottles of water in the car. I drink about 100 ounces of water a day, probably more actually. Not sure what else it could be...it kinda seems like it is happening from the back a lot more, but it also gets to the front. It hits every window. The rear windshield seems most affected. Hmm...

Old 02-04-2017, 09:58 AM

I had a patient that his sweat caused squeak in any shoe we tried on him.
I can only tell that back in my drinking times, EVERY car I was in will "sweat" from the inside.
Not anymore. Light fog I have after gym is easily gone from fan run.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

I forgot to mention I do ... ecigarettes. I hate the term "vaping" but I suppose that's more accurate. Like, let's go in the back and VAPE BRO! Lawl. That might contribute but it seems to be there even if I don't do it for a while? Also the defrosters, and basically any other form of temperature control in the car, seem very slow to act. I think these are perhaps the most contributing factors. But like I said, it is odd that it's affecting the back windows and windshield most when I'm obviously in the front doing this. And like I said, it does affect them all. So I think there's more to it but I can maybe try to troubleshoot but cutting down on the um...vaping. God, it makes me sound like a stoner when I say that. And I don't do that stuff.

I'm not really sure why you're still stuck on the drinking thing though, maybe you are trolling a little bit? I did explain that I drink very sparingly.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:08 AM

You'll be surprised how air circulates through the cabin.
In my TCH, identical to yours, I keep fan on window/floor (for some **** reason can't set it on windows only anymore in any car) and amazingly rear window clears at the same rate as the front.
But she does not "sweat" really. Hondas we had were very bad about this.
Is your AC working? AC dries out humidity quickly.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:10 AM

Btw. I have window visors. I crack pass side windows open about an inch. That creates a very nice circular airflow through the cabin and defogs everything in a minute or so. Also cools me down after workout. I am staying away from AC use as much as I can.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:09 AM
Enthusiast

Hi,
So I've been browsing this forum about how many MPGs you guys are getting on your camry and Im getting no where near that! I get 16-18mpg with normal driving at best I got 19.8mpg which was just "eco" and barely reving the engine at about 1500 when driving.

Any idea on what could be wrong with it? I did my first oil change @ 5000 and it didn't help at all

Last edited by Jon Walter; 10-11-2018 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:25 AM
JOAT, master of none

Wow, I can’t imagine what would drop it that much! I have been averaging 39 summer and 37 winter.

I just got new tires put on, they are the exact same size and the exact same tire size that I replaced, my mileage went from 39 to 36.5.

I run mine in ECO mode all the time but I’ve heard that guys get about the same not using that mode. Does your yellow bar indicators that are around the mileage gage show that you’re using electric? Does your EV sign light up to the left of the CHG-ECO-PWR gauge?

Old 10-10-2018, 09:14 AM

Jon replies to random threads about different vehicles. Search his post history. He posts about calling Ford for resolution on a Honda - when the last post in the thread was 2011. He at one point claimed to own a 2012 Prius, but now he's posting in a TCH thread.

Probably best to just ignore him.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Enthusiast

Too bad you bought the car already, if not I would have told you not to get any camry older than 2012 because of excessive oil consumption problem:
http://www.toyotaproblems.com/trends...l-consumption/

I hope your car don't suffer from this.