It's green - it's really reeeally green!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking It's green - it's really reeeally green!

We picked up my car today - and it's not just a green hybrid, it's a GREEN hybrid. I've never seen the Jasper Pearl before, except in pictures. It's, uhm, a bit different in the full light of day, that's for sure. I'm going to have to endure some ribbing from my co-workers, but personally I love the color.

Funny thing - the sales manager put Jan 01 06 on my temporary tags. And we're taking the car out of town this weekend - d'ya think I'll get pulled over?

Old 11-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Too Smug
Default Re: It's green - it's really reeeally green!

Originally Posted by elsifer
We picked up my car today - and it's not just a green hybrid, it's a GREEN hybrid. I've never seen the Jasper Pearl before, except in pictures. It's, uhm, a bit different in the full light of day, that's for sure. I'm going to have to endure some ribbing from my co-workers, but personally I love the color.

Funny thing - the sales manager put Jan 01 06 on my temporary tags. And we're taking the car out of town this weekend - d'ya think I'll get pulled over?
With those tags and that color....absolutely!

Old 11-02-2006, 06:38 PM

Can you actually get ticketed for old stickers if your your registration card is up to date?

Old 11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

The actual registration slip has the correct date, so I think we're ok. I'll bet there will be alot of registrations floating around like that.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If the dealership isn't too far away I'd get them to redo them properly. Don't want to get pulled over and have to explain it to a number of different cops.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elsifer
and it's not just a green hybrid, it's a GREEN hybrid. I've never seen the Jasper Pearl before, except in pictures.
Yep! Love my Jasper Pearle, too! If I were to spend the $$$ to get vanity plates I thought of PRTYGRN ...

Old 11-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Along for the ride.....

My dealer forgot to put an inspection sticker on mine - went two months before I noticed it. Then I went back and they couldn't sticker it because it is registered in Maine and Dealer is in NH. They only could have done it when it had 20 day NH temp plates. They were good for it though and paid for me to get it inspected in Maine.

Good luck with your new car, I think the color grows on you because I know I like it now but didn't at first. It's unique, which is a good thing.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I love my Jasper Pearl, and I didn't get to see it in person until I saw my own the day it arrived at the dealership.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

It may even be more unique than we think! I just wanted to check the correct spelling of the color because for some reason I keep writing it as 'pearle'...and guess what! According to toyota.com, when you go into the 'build it yourself' area...not only is there only the base model available, but there is no Jasper Pearl(e)! Wonder what's up? I will also post this as a new topic to get other's reactions...