"Little Help" on Bluetooth - Has this ever happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile "Little Help" on Bluetooth - Has this ever happened to you?

Wondering if anyone has had this occur, and/or if anyone has read about or discovered a solution.

CamHy non-nav, paired with cingular Razr - bluetooth works great with one exception that I discovered today.

I was on a very important call via bluetooth with my vehicle parked, and full signal bars lit on both the phone and non-nav display. A secondary call rang in on call waiting and I didn't push any buttons; just continued with the primary conversation. Unfortunately, when the second caller finally went to voicemail after the standard 4 rings, it disconnected the important call I was on and my stereo switched back to playing music. The phone readout displayed that the primary call was still connected, but I could neither hear nor be heard thru either the phone itself or via bluetooth.

Some background to eliminate the ever-possible "pilot error" factor:

- I am knowledgeable about pairing the phone, it has been paired for the 40 days I've owned the car, and I had bluetooth in my prior vehicle.

- Signal strength was rock solid at five bars and didn't budge at all during primary call or when the secondary call came in.

- I didn't push ANY buttons when the secondary call came in

Any thoughts?

Old 09-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Little Help" on Bluetooth - Has this ever happened to you?

This has happened to me on my Motorola V557 at least twice without receiving another call. I suspect this a phone quirk since it has also happened to me in the past with a BT headset and the same phone (headset thinks that a call is on, but phone doesnt).

Old 09-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Enthusiast

Something similar has happened to me on my Prius bluetooth connection once. I have a LG VX-8100 Verizon phone, and the car thought that bluetooth was still connected (after disconnecting the call), but the radio had started playing. I had to turn the car off to fix it...Since it didn't happen again, and I have never been able to duplicate it, I wrote it off as the bluetooth gods messing with me...+G

Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast

I had the same thing happen to me 3 or 4 times in my NAV equipped TCH. I haven't had time to check into it and mostly had dismissed it as a quirk, sort of in the same sense as the voice command not working very well. The first time this happened, I thought I had also lost the first call. I found the "transfer" button on the NAV telephone page and pushed it. I didn't get anything over my TCH/Bluetooth speaker but when I checked my cell phone itself, I still had my first call active on it and finished the conversation. I haven't had the telephone page up in any of the incidents since, as I have been manually going back to the NAV Consumption page during the course of my phone calls, so I couldn't depress a "transfer" button. I'll be interested to hear more about this, especially if there's a software fix, etc. similar maybe to Microsoft or Word updates or patches on my home computer.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Bump.

Curious if anyone has had this happen, and if so if a workaround's been found. I love my bluetooth, but if it discos me on every call that I'm on when another rings through, that's a pretty major oversight.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have the non-NAV TCH. I've only had about a half dozen times when a call will come in while I'm already on the phone. Most of the time I ignore it and just maintain my initial conversation without problems. A couple of times I switched to the second call by pressing the SEND switch on my phone and was able to go between the two conversations without incident.

BTW, I use the LG-8300 with Verizon Wireless.