View Poll Results: Michelin vs. Bridgestone: Are you satisfied?
I have Michelins, and I'm satisfied.
55.22%
I have Michelins, but would rather have Bridgestones.
0%
I have Bridgestones, and I'm satisfied.
23.88%
I have Bridgestones, but would rather have Michelins.
20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Michelin vs. Bridgestone: Are you satisfied?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Michelin vs. Bridgestone: Are you satisfied?

Since two tires have been standard on the TCH, I thought that a poll would be in order to track how happy the owners of each brand were with their tires. This way, when it comes time to replace tires, we'll have an idea which may be more satisfactory.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Michelin vs. Bridgestone: Are you satisfied?

Well, I voted that I have Bridgestones, but would rather have Michelins. That's not based on any negative personal experiences yet, though, just on some comments by others and past good experiences with Michelins. The Bridgestones may turn out to be just fine.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:35 AM

I honestly have no way to rate the tires. Every brand has high-end and low-end tires, so I can't go by Michelin vs. Bridgestone alone. I drive this car like the mid-size family sedan it is so I haven't pushed the handling or braking limits. I can say the Bridgestone tires have a comfortable ride and I've not noticed anything to make me dissatisfied.

In summary, I have nothing useful to say.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:45 AM
Enthusiast

Neither, over the years I have owned both as well as Goodyear, Dunlop, Pirelli and Yokohama. My favorite tire that combines all season handling with performance is the Yokohama Avid H4. Michelin relies on their name more than quality. The 'Yokos' have a 500 AA treadwear rating and a 60k treadwear warranty. I have them in 18" on my Camry and any treadwear warranty in that size is unheard of. The only reason I would ever look elsewhere is if that stop manufacturing them. Good luck. Jon.

Last edited by JMSinMD; 08-30-2006 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:16 AM
WVGasGuy

I have the Bridgestones. I see no reason why they put a V rated 260 tread wear all season tire on a family sedan seeking high milage.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I ran yoko Avids on my old CRV, and my old TL. Those tires just don't wear out and they are CHEAP! The best known secret in the tire business. They will be going on my TCH and my Highlander when I wear out the tires they came with. Having said that I have owned Bridgesones, Goodyears and Michelins before. Michelins are $$ but they are **** good riding tires. Really quit, maybe the quietest. Bridgestones and ok in my opinion. I have factory equipted Goodyears on my Highlander and they are quiet, but wear really fast.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:13 AM

I have voted that I am satisfied with my Michelin's, but I am REALLY reserving judgement until the snow flies. I want to see how these do in the slippery stuff here in Michigan.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Arrow Re: Michelin vs. Bridgestone: Are you satisfied?

JMSinMD, I'd be interested to know what your average MPG has been in your Camry with Yokohama Avids. Will check to see any data you may have posted in the Camry mileage database. By the way, your profile lists your hybrid car as a Highlander, with no mention of the Camry... are you a two-hybrid family?

Does anyone know of an accurate list of all available LRR (low rolling resistance) tire choices on the market?

Old 08-30-2006, 11:30 AM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
Does anyone know of an accurate list of all available LRR (low rolling resistance) tire choices on the market?
Article on rolling resistance with a table from 2002 showing tires RRC values: See page 60 Table 3-4
http://www.trb.org/publications/sr/sr286.pdf

TireRack.com article on low rolling resistance tires and how little difference it makes in MPG results in real world conditions:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...currentpage=31

P.S. Most non-performance cars in the US are already outfitted with LRR tires by the manufacturer in order to squeeze evry last drop of MPG results for the CAFE tests.

The Camry's Michelin MXV4 Plus tires are considered LRR tires:
http://www.autoserviceworld.com/issu...issue=08292006
Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus, an original equipment fitment for the Toyota Camry. The Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus is one of Michelin's fuel efficient tires that optimizes low rolling resistance for better fuel economy.
California will require starting in late 2007 / early 2008 that all tires sold be tested for and provide the rolling resistance numbers to consumers. The state will also make available online a database of the rolling resistance of all tires sold in the state. But except for that, there is little info available online yet that makes that info available.

Last edited by TKCamry; 08-30-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Arrow Re: Michelin vs. Bridgestone: Are you satisfied?

Now THAT is a great reply and good news, thanks TKCamry.

Quick Reply: Michelin vs. Bridgestone: Are you satisfied?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands