My 07 Camry Hybrid shows warning lights, What to do?

Old 01-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default My 07 Camry Hybrid shows warning lights, What to do?

I bought mine in August of 06 and until today it is only 26k plus miles. Have changed all four tires last year.

3 weeks ago, When I was trying to park at a street once during snow, The "check VSC system" light appeared. I didn't feel anything wrong at that time and the light disappeared later. I than left the city and left my car parked for 2 weeks.

Today when I started the car, The "check VSC system" light appeared again and the it was replaced by " check hybrid system". I kept seeing the message even while driving a short distance. The yellow indicator light also appeared.

I never saw these in the last 6 or 7 years. I don't feel anything bad when driving. I don't know why this happened when driving in cold and snow season.

What should I do at this time? Is this a serious problem and I should take the car to a Toyota dealer? My fear is getting ripped off at the repair shop.
Thanks for any advice and recommendations.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My 07 Camry Hybrid shows warning lights, What to do?

Welcome to the club.

Read.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...ode-c1391.html

Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Professor Emeritus

Not Good! Be sure you follow the info. in the link above, "get involved" and report the problem... This seems to be becoming a widespread problem! Wow...

Old 01-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

the warning lights disappeared the next day and I no longer see it when driving.

I don't understand why. Something to do with cold and snow on the road?

Old 01-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

With the check VSC and check hybrid system lights on, I doubt the accumulator pump is the issue. The main commonality in those two sub systems involve the front wheel speed sensors which control both the VSC system and regenerative braking.

More than likely, you had some sort of weird ice/salt buildup that interfered with one of the front wheel sensors. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. If it does, have the codes read while the lights are on.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 PM

Yep. Mine threw Check VSC System for the 4th time in what, 4-5 weeks by now. They will not catch any codes, unless it is on and car is turned on. So, next time it happens, drive straight a repair shop that has proper scanner capable of pulling proprietary codes.
Hope it is not dreaded C1319. That's 3 grand right there.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Professor Emeritus

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
Yep. Mine threw Check VSC System for the 4th time in what, 4-5 weeks by now. They will not catch any codes, unless it is on and car is turned on. So, next time it happens, drive straight a repair shop that has proper scanner capable of pulling proprietary codes.
Hope it is not dreaded C1319. That's 3 grand right there.
So, as soon as you turn it off, you are back to square one?

Good info. for anyone that is having this issue.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:26 PM

Well, square one as in - light is gone? Not for short shut downs. Several hrs parking makes light go away. Or, pull ABS and ECM fuses out for a minute.
I drove her for over 100 miles today and no warnings. But, I actaully want it to come up, as then I can go to dealer and they can scan her.