Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Navigation, adding it on afterwards

I just got off the phone with my dealer, wanted a factory NAV system but for someone reason they are only for repairs right now and not on the market for an upgrade. Anyone know when these will be on the market for add-ons? The dealer didn't know but I can't say my dealer knows all that much of anything. I seem to have to do all the leg work for everything.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:09 AM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

What's the cost of the factory system installed after delivery?

I have the NAV and am getting ready to purchase a Garmin or TomTom for my company vehicle. I never wanted one until I got "stuck" with this one and now I am engrossed in trying to learn to use it better. I am disappointed with the factory system and will be curious to see how the others perform. In the past I never kept a car long enough that I wanted a $1200 option to just give away so a garmin or something like it would make better sense, but I'm committed to the TCH for at least 3 years with the tax breaks so it's not that bad. I hate that I am putting so many miles on it (3000 per month, all personal use) but I may have to learn to be happy with a vehicle after 50,000 miles. If I have 100,000 on it I figure I probably will just go ahead and keep it in 3 years and pickup a nice Lexus hybrid (maybe a ES350H by then?)

Old 09-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
What's the cost of the factory system installed after delivery?

I have the NAV and am getting ready to purchase a Garmin or TomTom for my company vehicle. I never wanted one until I got "stuck" with this one and now I am engrossed in trying to learn to use it better. I am disappointed with the factory system and will be curious to see how the others perform. In the past I never kept a car long enough that I wanted a $1200 option to just give away so a garmin or something like it would make better sense, but I'm committed to the TCH for at least 3 years with the tax breaks so it's not that bad. I hate that I am putting so many miles on it (3000 per month, all personal use) but I may have to learn to be happy with a vehicle after 50,000 miles. If I have 100,000 on it I figure I probably will just go ahead and keep it in 3 years and pickup a nice Lexus hybrid (maybe a ES350H by then?)
I don't know the cost, she said they don't sell them yet. I guess I should ask people how happy they are with the TCH NAV system first.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:16 AM
WVGasGuy

As far as Navigation I think it stinks. However for the energy and consumption screen and now the bluetooth / phone book (I got a phone last week) I would be willing to put half the cost in just those features.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have just purchased one from oemvalue.com (hope it is OK to post links) it should arrive next week.
Just hope I do not have too many problems as I am installing it in a Canadian model, might have a few problems with kilometres/miles, litres/gallons conversions.

Rick

Originally Posted by cohort
I just got off the phone with my dealer, wanted a factory NAV system but for someone reason they are only for repairs right now and not on the market for an upgrade. Anyone know when these will be on the market for add-ons? The dealer didn't know but I can't say my dealer knows all that much of anything. I seem to have to do all the leg work for everything.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stinger123
Hi,

I have just purchased one from oemvalue.com (hope it is OK to post links) it should arrive next week.
Just hope I do not have too many problems as I am installing it in a Canadian model, might have a few problems with kilometres/miles, litres/gallons conversions.

Rick
For a 2007 Camry Hybrid? ALl I saw was for
2005-2007 Tundra with JBL Preinstalled
2005-2006 Sienna with JBL Preinstalled
2005-2006 4Runner with JBL Preinstalled
2005-2006 Sequoia with JBL Preinstalled
2004-2007 Solara with JBL Preinstalled
2006 RAV4 with JBL Preinstalled
, is it the same setup as a Hybrid?. WOuld you mind posting a direct link. thanks

Last edited by cohort; 09-02-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast

More links:

http://www.oemvalue.com/toyota2.htm
http://www.oemvalue.com/installcamry07.htm

Stinger123, do let us know how your install goes. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Rick,

How do you install the Nav system aftermarket? Since the dash is completely different, does the OEM kit come with the parts to reconfigure everything?

Old 09-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hybrid_dsl
More links:

http://www.oemvalue.com/toyota2.htm
http://www.oemvalue.com/installcamry07.htm

Stinger123, do let us know how your install goes. Thanks.
so the Camry and Camry Hybrid use the same style NAV system. I never looked but I guess they do

Old 09-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Enthusiast

The 2007 Camry nav unit directly replaces the six disc jbl radio, (this will only work with current JBL systems).

See the link that was posted in this thread.

Originally Posted by TCH2007MagGray
Hi Rick,

How do you install the Nav system aftermarket? Since the dash is completely different, does the OEM kit come with the parts to reconfigure everything?

Quick Reply: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands