Non-Nav TCH Adjustment of Bluetooth Microphone Gain / Sensitivity

Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Non-Nav TCH Adjustment of Bluetooth Microphone Gain / Sensitivity

So Has Any Non-Nav TCH owner been able to adjust Mic Gain or Mic Sensitivity on Bluetooth either on your own or through the dealer?

I found a couple of good posts wrt the Nav version and a secret menu, but I'm kickin' rocks on this one, and I definitely need to alter the setting.

Plz post any details you might have.

...in your debt

Old 02-11-2008, 09:15 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Non-Nav TCH Adjustment of Bluetooth Microphone Gain / Sensitivity

Eskimonio — I have looked through all the information I have on the non-NAV TCH, and am unable to find anything about adjusting the microphone sensitivity or Bluetooth send and receive voice levels. It appears that they may not be adjustable, even by the dealer. Sorry! I also have the non_NAV.

Stan

Old 02-11-2008, 09:34 AM

I don't know about the mike level, but..

The speaker level is adjustable by the steering wheel + and - volume keys during a phone call.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ty for the replies.

Speaker volume is not the issue...when speaking on my bluetooth via Blackjack, I get reports from call recipients that it seems that I'm yelling at them.

I've been aware of this for some weeks, and make a point to speak at normal levels (actually, I've even spoken at below normal levels) and ask for a quality rating on the call and volume. Call quality regularly registers well, but the complaint still exists that some people have to pull the phone away from their ear from time to time. This has been with both land and cell phones, and with different recipients.

** I could have sworn I saw somewhere a list or pdf of all the dealer customizeable settings, but for the life of me I can't remember where it is.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:06 AM
SPL

Eskimonio — What I meant was that there appear to be no adjustments available in the non-NAV version that correspond to the following two adjustments that are available in the NAV version:
  • "The Other Caller's Voice cannot be Heard, is too Quiet, or Distorted" (Repair Manual pages NS-147 to 148).
  • "The Other Caller cannot Hear Your Voice, or Your Voice is too Quiet or Distorted" (Repair Manual pages NS-149 to 150).
I'm attaching these pages for your information.

Stan

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NS-149to150_Send voice level.pdf (116.8 KB, 624 views)
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thank you for the work on finding this - Alas, this refers to the Navigation system adjustments, but maybe the dealership can decode how to perform these adjustments on a Non- Nav Camry.

Thanks again

Old 02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
SPL

Eskimonio — Yes, those are the instructions for the adjustments that a NAV owner can access directly from the NAV display. I don't believe that the non-NAV has any equivalent adjustments to these, but please get back to us if your service manager says otherwise.

Stan

Old 02-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPL
Eskimonio — What I meant was that there appear to be no adjustments available in the non-NAV version that correspond to the following two adjustments that are available in the NAV version:
  • "The Other Caller's Voice cannot be Heard, is too Quiet, or Distorted" (Repair Manual pages NS-147 to 148).
  • "The Other Caller cannot Hear Your Voice, or Your Voice is too Quiet or Distorted" (Repair Manual pages NS-149 to 150).
I'm attaching these pages for your information.

Stan
Hi. Can enyone tell me how to enter the "Handsfree Voice Quality Set" mode that is described in PDF file pages NS-147 to 148? Or can you post the pages of the manual that describe it? What is the name of the manual? Where can I find it? Is it online?

Thanks. I'm glad to know it is theoretically possible, but I don't see anyway to do it, as the instructions refer me to page NS-26

Are these instructions applicable to a 2008 Camry Hyrbid's NAV system?

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 PM
SPL

reflectivist — Here are some more sections of the 2007 TCH Repair Manual, covering how to get into Diagnostic mode (page NS-52) in the NAV version, and the things that can be tested and changed while in this mode. I hope that this helps. The non-NAV version does not appear to have these modes. They are probably applicable to the 2008 TCH as well.

Stan

Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

thanks

i will try now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Non-Nav TCH Adjustment of Bluetooth Microphone Gain / Sensitivity

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands