Owner Satisfaction

Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Owner Satisfaction

i have had my baby, patrick, since july and we are still in love...hahahaha. no seriously, i love my car. i have had no problems and stellar gas mileage for all of the perks that come with the car. i traded my 2006 prius in for the 2007 hycam and just love to drive my car around. it is so comfortable and i feel so safe in it. not to mention that i get a lot of comments about how good it looks, especially for being a hybrid. one guy at the gas station kept staring at my car...he finally remarked that he couldn't believe it was a hybrid because he thought they were all supposed to be ugly...lol. i love this car....

Old 12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Owner Satisfaction

Originally Posted by stevil
I purchased a '07 TCH in July '07, and had numerous issues -
  • Several long (18-24") scratches that couldn't be buffed out, and which weren't apparent at delivery, since that was at 10PM
  • Loud headliner rattles when the temperature is below 50 degrees F.
  • Spring noises in the steering wheel
  • Seat belt tensioner squeaks in cold (freezing) weather
  • Stereo (JBL, non-nav) that would display garbage on the screen or nothing, and eject a disc every time the unit was powered off until the changer was empty

I had the car in the shop for over two weeks in the first 4 months. Eventually, I spoke with the GM of the dealership, related my problems, and he offered to replace the '07 with a new '08, same equipment (different color - metallic silver instead of black).

Never asked for a new car, but was very frustrated by the time I talked with the dealership manager. I was feeling that, if this was happening at 3K miles, what would it be like at 30K? I took them up on their offer, and was impressed by the aggressive response.

Anyway, took delivery on the new '08 TCH this evening. All is well so far. Knock wood.

Satisfied before? Absolutely NOT. Satisfied now? You bet (providing the same crap doesn't happen to the replacement)!
When I read your post I was dumbfounded that a dealer would go that far to please a customer. How about naming the dealer? He deserves a round of applause.

Last edited by Al Froio; 12-02-2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: additions
Old 12-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Green Guy
Default Re: Owner Satisfaction

Al, I agree. Everyone in the Denver area should know that this dealer goes the extra mile. If I lived there, he would get my business. Compare that dealership experience with this one in Ontario:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-canada-15962/