Recommended Online Camry Accessories Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Recommended Online Camry Accessories Dealers?

Any recommendations on online places to buy Camry accessories? I'm specifically looking for the all-weather mats and maybe some other items.

Last edited by jamng; 06-17-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Recommended Online Camry Accessories Dealers?

Check out this link. They have them listed. There is another place to purchase these but I dont have the link on my laptop!

http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/defa...5a2cf20f20dd29

Old 06-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Enthusiast

Have you had good luck with these people?

Originally Posted by gandyfire
Check out this link. They have them listed. There is another place to purchase these but I dont have the link on my laptop!

http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/defa...5a2cf20f20dd29

Old 06-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast

In looking at what accessories they offer, I noticed that they had TRD rims selling for $186.42 apiece. There is a dealership in San Diego that tried to sell me a fully loaded Blue Ribbon Metallic at MSRP. At first I was so excited that I was ready to drive from the L.A. area that day. I told the dealer to give me a couple of hours because I had to see what my wife thought, since our first choice is Magnetic Gray.
A couple of hours later, I called back expecting to get bad news that the car was sold; it wasn't.
This made me a bit suspicious. I then asked if it had upgraded wheels. He said "Yes, and it makes the car that much more beautiful". Of course, the next question from me was "How much for this add-on?" His reply: "$4000"
They would not budge in removing the wheels and putting the stock ones back on, although I did get a call the next day that they would be willing to cut the cost of the wheels in half. No go from me, thanks.
If the wheels are sold at toyotapartsstore.com for $186.42, how much does the dealer get them for? That's one heck of a money maker for these guys!

Old 06-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Enthusiast

I just bought the body side molding and mudguards from:

http://www.toyotapart.com/default.asp

The side moldings were backordered but I received the order in about 10 days and it was exactly as ordered.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamng
Have you had good luck with these people?
I just found it on the net, never bought from them. Another link I have (now that I am home) is this one www.toyotapartspeople.com .
Still waiting for my car to arrive. Hope to hear something by next month.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffeynboo
In looking at what accessories they offer, I noticed that they had TRD rims selling for $186.42 apiece. There is a dealership in San Diego that tried to sell me a fully loaded Blue Ribbon Metallic at MSRP. At first I was so excited that I was ready to drive from the L.A. area that day. I told the dealer to give me a couple of hours because I had to see what my wife thought, since our first choice is Magnetic Gray.
A couple of hours later, I called back expecting to get bad news that the car was sold; it wasn't.
This made me a bit suspicious. I then asked if it had upgraded wheels. He said "Yes, and it makes the car that much more beautiful". Of course, the next question from me was "How much for this add-on?" His reply: "$4000"
They would not budge in removing the wheels and putting the stock ones back on, although I did get a call the next day that they would be willing to cut the cost of the wheels in half. No go from me, thanks.
If the wheels are sold at toyotapartsstore.com for $186.42, how much does the dealer get them for? That's one heck of a money maker for these guys!
If you get anything from these people, let us know how the transaction went. It seems they have a lot of stuff at reasonable prices compared to buying from the dealer.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffeynboo
Are you sure that the wheels were Toyota alloys? They may have been aftermarket wheels, but still - 4k for wheels and tires? Highway robbery.

Last edited by spiff72; 06-18-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
Are you sure that the wheels were Totota alloys? They may have been aftermarket wheels, but still - 4k for wheels and tires? Highway robbery.
Yes, the dealer was going on and on about how the TRD rims just make the Blue Ribbon Metallic look so much sharper. Highway robbery is right!
By the way, he called me Friday afternoon to tell me that seven customers test drove the car, but none had bought it for one reason or another and it was still available. I wonder why?!?
Dealers like this one in El Cajon and even worse, Carson Toyota (who just add $3000 to the MSRP) make me hate the car buying experience even more than I already do. The law of supply and demand allow them to do this, but I for one will not be giving them my business.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Recommended Online Camry Accessories Dealers?

I had a similar experience with El Cajon because of wheels, also, and they lost my business. However, San Diego and Southern California have several dealers that came through with integrity, offering cars for MSRP with no trickery. Keep looking, and don't let a negative agency ruin your buying experience.

Quick Reply: Recommended Online Camry Accessories Dealers?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands