GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Toyota Motor Corporation > Toyota Camry Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: tch
Default Remote Start and rear windshield defroster

I like the remote start since it gets (and is now) cold in Michigan in the winter and can be snowy and icy. However, even if I have the rear defroster button in the on position, when the car starts remotely the rear window does not defrost as the defroster is not on (front works fine as does heated seats). Is there any way around this such as a dealer code change?? Thanks, Fred
Old 02-27-2011, 04:50 AM
TCH 2007 newbie May 07

Hybrids: 2007 Camry
Default Re: Remote Start and rear windshield defroster

I second the question: even if the RD is turned ON before shutting off the car, when started next, the RD is OFF....always....

Sux in winter.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:24 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: non-NAV '08 "The Gray Lady"
Default Re: Remote Start and rear windshield defroster

A- every car ever made has the defroster on a timer. As well they all turn off when car is turned off. Just guessing it's an electrical issue...maybe it draws a high enough charge that they don't want to leave a weakened battery with out sufficient charge to start the engine? (just guessing)
B- you resurrected a thread that's nearly five years old. I think that's a record
C- try this http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...efrost&spell=1

For answers to (almost) every question... **Toyota Camry Hybrid New Owner's F.A.Q. **
Old 02-27-2011, 05:24 AM

Tags
automatic, car, civic, defrost, defroster, defrosters, dodge, gmc, hybrid, rear, remote, sierra, silverado, start, window, windshield