GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Toyota Motor Corporation > Toyota Camry Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Brian5499

Hybrids: 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Square on front bumper?

Does anyone know what that little "square" piece is for on the front bumper? Is it something for a license plate? I see two pre-drilled filled in holes in the middle for a license plate but I have no idea what that little square thing is....I cant see anything in the manual that talks about it but if anyone knows please fill me in. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Prius geek

Hybrids: '04 Prius
Default Re: Square on front bumper?

Maybe a pop-off panel for the tow-hook...similar to the '04 and up Prius?

Check your trunk and the spare tire area...look for a big threaded eye-bolt...

Cheers,
Curt.

'04 Seaside Pearl #7. Fumoto oil drain, mudflaps, rear bumper scuff protector & rear warn system, compass mirror, EV mode button, 8" subwoofer in right rear cubby & 6" subs under seats, power lumbar & seat heaters in the front seats, Coastaletech hitch w/ Aspen bike/snowboard rack. iPod2car, 2 amps, Alpine component speakers, and DVD video, solid 47 MPG @ 75000 miles.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Electricity Guzzler

Hybrids: 2007 Camry Hybrid - bought April 28, 2006 (delivered June 2)

the cars from japan have it, they put a closed hook bolt into it and strap the cars down on the boat so they don't get damaged on the voyage over here. I also saw online. tundrasolutions.com they have the pdi checklist on .pdf that a rubber plug should be installed into this before the small square bumper cap is replaced. I see it as a badge of honour allowing others to easy distinguish your car is from Japan vs. an N.A. plant if that means anything to you. it doesn't to most and prob. shouldn't.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hybrids: 07 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Not that the TCH would ever need to see a flatbed, but there is another advantage to the square hole/big eye bolt combo: the winch on flatbeds are way up when the bed is lowered to receive the car (kinda like a giant teeter toter) and the hook and cable may ding the bumper. I know this from watching my father in law's $60,000 BMW getting dragged onto the truck. All raise a glass and pray you don't see that happen to the TCH.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: 2009 TCH

Yes, just pop the square cover off and in with your spare tire is a tow hook with threds, just thred into bumper and tow away. My VW has the same do-dad. sk
Old 08-25-2006, 09:01 PM
it's just a car...

Hybrids: TCH Mag Grey, Custom, Non-NAV

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/s...-for.9540.html
Old 08-25-2006, 09:01 PM

Tags
09, altima, bmw, bumper, bumpers, car, covers, eyebolt, for, front, lexus, nissan, prius, square, squares, tow