Tax rebate for Hybrids in Ontario, Canada

Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Enthusiast
Default Tax rebate for Hybrids in Ontario, Canada

Hi

I am new Toyota Camry hybrid owner and one of the problems I had was the mis-information that several Toyota dealers provide you about claiming the PST rebate for hybrid cars in Ontario, Canada.

The Ontario government provides up to $2,000 PST rebate when you buy a new hybrid car. However, this has nothing to do with the transportation ministry as dealers tell us.

This is an incentive by the Finance Minsitry and you need to download a form from their web site fill it in, provide ownership and payment details and mail it to them. At the time of this writing (Jan 07), they told me that they have a backlog of about 3 months.

Here is their link:

http://www.trd.fin.gov.on.ca/userfil...702.pdf?N_ID=3

Cheers

ravinat

Old 01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Tax rebate for Hybrids in Ontario, Canada

Backlog depends on when they do their check runs. I got my refund back in August at the same time as another person that sent their form in 2 or 3 weeks earlier than me. They are pretty good about it though, no hassles if you are patient.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

I Recd my rebate of the full $2000 in about 3 weeks that was back in august, they may be busy if the sales of the TCH are picking up!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
my name is dan
i live in mississauga, ontario, i too am thinking of getting the camry hybrid, i really dont drive much though, but i was wondering if the dealership gives you a form, or go to mi of finance with copy of sales bill for car?
thanks

ps, how is car in manily city driving?
thanks
dan

Old 03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
HSD Organic Interface

The entire process is a mail in thing, the dealer has no role in it. You simply download the form from the Internet, fill it in and include the bill of sale, and if memory serves, a copy of your vehicle registration. Then simply wait 2 or 3 months and you get your $2K.

Looks like they updated the web site, the link is now: http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/english/tax/refund/vpaf/

Old 03-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast

Be prepared to wait a lot longer than 2 to 3 months. It's nearly 5 months for me and still counting!

Old 03-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Enthusiast

In British Columbia, we also have up to $2000 provinical sales tax incentive for purchasing hybrid vehicle.

Instead of applying from the government after the purchase, the dealer applies the credit on the spot.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by quotophile
Be prepared to wait a lot longer than 2 to 3 months. It's nearly 5 months for me and still counting!
I hope you verified that they received your paperwork.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

spammer I'll report it