TCH 07 key battery out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH 07 key battery out?

The batteries are easily replaced. You should buy a #1632 button battery, athough a #1620 will do in a pinch. See previous posts on this subject.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Droid13
Remove the metal key, there is a little slot on the fob where you can use a small screw driver to pry the fob apart.
You can actually use the tip of the metal key itself. It's shaped to fit in the slot.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Enthusiast

Read your owner's manual cover-to-cover! Kids don't come with manuals - but your car does!!

You might learn a few more things about your car that you didn't know. :-)

Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimmy1
I think the battery on my 07 TCH has run out.

It's saying key not detected even when I have the key and engine won't start when I press the power button.

I almost had to tow it but I tried and tried and eventually the engine started.

Is the battery inside the key replacable at local toyota dealer?

Is there a battery inside the key fob somewhere?

What about the actual key that is in the keyfob?

I took it out of the keyfob and opened the door but couldn't find any holes where I can stick the key and start the engine.

help pls. I have lost the other pair of keyfob.
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Order a replacement key fob and have the TCH programmed for it. If you lose your one remaining FOB, you are out of luck!
The TCH can store the codes for a maximum of four FOB's, so if you want to find the original FOB that is hiding, order three (3) more FOBs, then the original one will show up. (I speak from experience, 3 days after getting my car, I lost 1 FOB, ordered 3 replacements, then one night, the original one finally decided to come out of hiding. )

Old 06-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Key Fob batteries are covered by the 3yr 36mo bumper to bumper warrantee. Also the extended warrantee (I am told).
FWIW the only place I found to purchase a replacement battery (other than mail order) is a Toyota Dealership. No sure why Toyota chose to use a non standard battery.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Key Fob batteries are covered by the 3yr 36mo bumper to bumper warrantee. Also the extended warrantee (I am told).
FWIW the only place I found to purchase a replacement battery (other than mail order) is a Toyota Dealership. No sure why Toyota chose to use a non standard battery.
Radio Shack has them, so does Fry's Electronics here in the West. Just to name two places where I found them.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by jbollt
Radio Shack has them, so does Fry's Electronics here in the West. Just to name two places where I found them.
6 months ago (when my battery was low) NEITHER of the Radio Shacks near me had them listed.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Malcontent

I couldn't find the battery at Target or Wal-Mart (though I didn't think to check the automotive section). I did find it for around $3 at a nearby Batteries Plus store though.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

I picked up 3 CR1632 batteries at a local Radio Shack yesterday. I had to drive a bit as the 3 near my house didn't have any in stock. But I did find them.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:17 AM
Enthusiast

You can order them here:

http://www.batteryprice.com/search.aspx?find=CR1632

Quick Reply: TCH 07 key battery out?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands