View Poll Results: Do you like the TCH Headlights?
Love em! Bright, clear...it's like daylight
49.28%
Eh, about average
47.83%
They're terrible! I can't see a thing!
2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

TCH Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default TCH Headlights

As the long summer days rapidly shorten into autumn, I've started driving more at night. I like the TCH headlights: they seem bright with a wonderfully sharp cutoff, so they are oncoming-traffic-friendly. However, the TCH replaces a 1995 Dodge Neon which had nothing more than bright parking lights for headlights. So, I'm curious: do you like the TCH headlights?

Old 09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Headlights

I voted for average, but I think my night vision isn't very good.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

They really light up the road, all the way to the shoulders. Nice. My old F-150 with halogen lights is nowhere near as bright. If you really want to look around, hit the high beams. That's a lot of light

Old 09-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

My Prius had HID headlamps.
I feel they did a better job illuminating the road than my TCH (or XLE) do.
Not sure why HIDs aren't an option.
No, don't even suggest an aftermarket hack.
J

Old 09-06-2006, 04:36 AM
WVGasGuy

Sorry folks but in the day of modern headlamp systems these suck.

My InfinitiFX45, my Audi TT and my 350Z all had HID headlights. After 5 years of that I miss them. These TCH headlights remind me of the old company car Intrepid I had. At least Chrysler had a recall on those and replaced them witha new style reflector.

I will admit the high beams put out a lot of light but you can't drive around like that.

And no I'm not going aftermarket HID's either

Old 09-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
My Prius had HID headlamps.
I feel they did a better job illuminating the road than my TCH (or XLE) do.
Not sure why HIDs aren't an option.
No, don't even suggest an aftermarket hack.
J
Yup, I really wish the TCH had come with HID headlamps. That and a backup camera would have made the car darn well perfect. Or maybe just more perfect than it already is?

Old 09-06-2006, 02:22 PM
HSD Organic Interface

I would rate them pretty high myself. On HBs @ 60mph I can see double my braking distance and 20 to 30 ft off the side of the road. Even with LBs I often get flashed from oncoming cars thinking I still have HBs on. If they were any brighter I'd be having seizures from the number of times I'd be getting flashed.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dalerb
Yup, I really wish the TCH had come with HID headlamps. That and a backup camera would have made the car darn well perfect. Or maybe just more perfect than it already is?
Yeah, I'd LOVE to have that backup camera thing. I think the brights are very good, but the regular lights are just average.

Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think that the headlights are quite good...above average at least...I'm not sure exactly what the HID headlights are but if those are those annoyingly BRIGHT ones that I see on some oncoming cars, I hate them from that point of view. Since I am the only one driving my car I really haven't seen what mine look like oncoming...but from the driver's point of view they are sure better that what I have had.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by belbe
I think that the headlights are quite good...above average at least...I'm not sure exactly what the HID headlights are but if those are those annoyingly BRIGHT ones that I see on some oncoming cars, I hate them from that point of view. Since I am the only one driving my car I really haven't seen what mine look like oncoming...but from the driver's point of view they are sure better that what I have had.
Yup, the HID (high intensity discharge) are those extremely bright lights. Very unpleasant from an oncoming vehicle standpoint. My wife is driving the TCH more and more, and from an oncoming vehicle standpoint, the TCH is very bearable, unless the brights are on. That's annoying.

Quick Reply: TCH Headlights

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands