TCH Trunk Organizer - the kind that attaches to the underside of trunk

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default TCH Trunk Organizer - the kind that attaches to the underside of trunk

I just posted a picture of a trunk organizer that was taken from an Ebay TCH listing. The organizer attaches to the underside of the trunk lid and has multiple pockets (similar available for the BMW Z3). Has anybody seen one of these before? Is it a Toyota licensed product? Where can these be bought?

Last edited by leepark; 10-20-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:12 AM
Along for the ride.....
Default Re: TCH Trunk Organizer - the kind that attaches to the underside of trunk

It looks pretty cool to me too. I've never seen it either.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Trunk Organizer - the kind that attaches to the underside of trunk

I too was worried about stuffing the trunk too full and maybe blocking some ventilation (the bottom of the ducting just above the pass-through is obviously a filter). But, I was so disappointed with the storage space in the TCH trunk, that I went ahead and built a storage "box" to put into the pass-through to hold some jumper cables and a big first-aid kit. I wanted it to look somewhat nice, so I wanted nice flat plywood, but all I could find at Home Depot was warped, so I wound up spending more at a craft store and buying some 12" x 24" hobby plywood that's just about a quarter inch thick. Nice and flat, strong, and still fairly light (though not quite big enough, hence the two pieces on the bottom). Because I wanted to use wood screws (stronger longer, and so I could disassemble for modification), I also bought some little wooden blocks at the craft store to screw things into. To keep the thing from sliding into the trunk, I attached two blocks under the end near the back seat (so it sort of "hooks" onto the bulkhead contours near the back seat). Then I put a folded beach towel on the back end (against the back seat) to create some tension, pushing the "box" away from the back seat but with the two blocks underneath holding it from sliding into the trunk. Pictures will explain much better than I can with words.

I will try to attach photos of the pass-through box in a word doc (the forum doesn't seem to allow jpg). If that doesn't work, I may look into a pdf utility.

I am also working on an idea for the floor of the trunk on the left side where the weird curved raised bit is. I envision a sort of hollow "riser" that I could stuff things into, which conforms to the curved contour, is as high as the raised portion of the floor all the way to the left, and upon which I could mount a canvas style "organizer box" with tethers such that it could hold a couple of gallon jugs in place (on top of the riser but bigger so it also sits on the raised portion of the trunk floor). I wonder what the demand would be? Anybody willing to pay $50 for such a thing? How about $40 plus shipping?

Attached Files
File Type: doc
TCHTrunkBox.doc (784.0 KB, 102 views)
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leepark
I just posted a picture of a trunk organizer that was taken from an Ebay TCH listing.
I'm a little slow.....where did you post the picture?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Dazed and Confused

I know a dealer here in Houston (Ron Carter) puts them on a lot of their cars. It might be a Gulf States Toyota port installed option.

I got a nice trunk organizer that is an accordian "box" made of fabric from the factory in Kentucy (TMMK).

Old 11-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wdmark
I'm a little slow.....where did you post the picture?
Share folder/webpage at the top right of the site.