Top Tier Gas Retailers List

Old 05-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Top Tier Gas Retailers List

These brands below should contain more detergents than the government requires. The extra detergents keep your fuel injectors and valves clean.

Top Tier Gasoline Retailers:

Chevron
Conoco
Entec Stations
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
MFA Oil Company
Phillips
QuikTrip
Shell
Somerset Refinery
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Company

Canada:
Petro-Canada
Shell-Canada
Sunoco-Canada
Chevron-Canada

Hawaii:
Aloha Petroleum

Old 05-23-2009, 04:01 AM
Default Re: Top Tier Gas Retailers List

On average, and I know this is hard to calculate, how much extra does one pay for this gas. Assuming one pays 5% more and one gets 5% better mileage, is there any reason to use it?
I used 'cheap gas' almost exclusively in my 1996 Avalon and I'm cruising up to 200,000 miles with out problems.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:37 AM

This is my list of stations here in town. The mirastar at $2.29 is the walmart station. I tried it with the 2006 Ford Five Hundred I had. It was a V6 and got to be hard to start using the mirastar brand. I was trying to save money. I ended up paying more adding a gas additive to help my car start better. It took 2 tanks of Chevron to get it running normal again. I also tried a Save-A-Lot gas here in town with similar results. I rather pay the extra dime per gallon more and keep my engine clean. Here below is a list of stations here in town. The diamond shamrocks and Fina are the same price as the much better Phillips and Chevrons in town. I used # 7 from the list which is a Phillips 66 station.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasSta...88310&x=13&y=9

Old 05-23-2009, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo
I used 'cheap gas' almost exclusively in my 1996 Avalon and I'm cruising up to 200,000 miles with out problems.
haroldo, your cheap gas must be lots better than the ones I used when I lived in Texas. I had stopped up fuel filters, fuel injectors gone bad. Sello was one. It was a new brand put out by Mobil. It was a low additive gas. People complained of hard stating engines, poor acceleration and mileage. The Sello brand lasted a little over a year and mobil close all of them up.

Evidently your cheap gas is much better quality than the cheap gasoline's I have tried. I give up and will buy only from the top tier stations. I rather not take a chance of a fuel injector or fuel filter causing any problems.

Last edited by rburt07; 05-24-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:15 AM

Denco is one, I can't remember the names of the others, Speedy? (in Northern NJ) but I rarely, if ever, used any of the brands on the list. I changed my fuel filter every 30-40m miles.

Last edited by haroldo; 05-23-2009 at 05:21 AM.